Bora Bora is one of the most picturesque places in the world, and the Four Seasons Bora Bora is regarded as the best major hotel there. Bora Bora has been open to visitors from many parts of the world in conjunction with testing, so it’s a destination that some people are considering for future holidays. If you’re plotting a trip to this island paradise, below is some information, including how to maximize value at the Four Seasons Bora Bora.
Four Seasons Bora Bora basics
The Four Seasons Bora Bora is located on a private island overlooking Bora Bora’s main island, including Mount Otemanu and Mount Pahia. The Four Seasons has direct beach access, a beautiful pool, several restaurants, and great accommodations.
What makes the Four Seasons Bora Bora so special is that the entry level rooms here are large overwater bungalows, while at some other hotels you have to pay a huge premium for those room types.
Four Seasons Bora Bora room types
The Four Seasons Bora Bora has a total of 100 suites and seven villas, so it’s a fairly intimate property.
The entry-level rooms at the Four Seasons Bora Bora are large overwater suites. They all feature a living room, bedroom, and separate bathroom, and are at least 1,080 square feet.
To give you a sense of the room types, here are the entry-level room types:
- One-bedroom beach view overwater bungalow (25 of these rooms)
- One-bedroom lagoon view overwater bungalow (22 of these rooms)
- One-bedroom mountain view overwater bungalow (32 of these rooms)
The only difference between these is the view — the beach view will be the least private, the lagoon view will offer more privacy, and the mountain view will offer views of the iconic nearby landscape.
Then you have several types of overwater bungalows with plunge pools, which are in the following order:
- One-bedroom overwater bungalow suite (11 of these rooms)
- One-bedroom Otemanu overwater bungalow suite (four of these rooms)
- Two-bedroom Herenui overwater bungalow suite (two of these rooms)
- Two-bedroom Poerava overwater bungalow suite (one of these rooms)
Lastly, you have some specialty villas, which are on land rather than overwater. Those are in the following order:
- One-bedroom beachfront villa estate (one of these rooms)
- Two-bedroom deluxe beachfront villa estate (one of these rooms)
- Two-bedroom premier beachfront villa estate (four of these rooms)
- Three-bedroom beachfront villa estate (one of these rooms)
See the below section about how to get upgrades at the Four Seasons Bora Bora for details on how you can potentially score a one category upgrade.
Four Seasons Bora Bora value dates
One of the things that I like about Four Seasons is that they publish “value dates” on their website, so you can see the dates over which you can expect to find the best rates. Currently, the value dates for the Four Seasons Bora Bora are as follows:
- January 20-26, 2021
- February 23-28, 2021
- March 1-7, 2021
- April 24-30, 2021
- May 1-6, 2021
- June 13-17, 2021
- July 23-29, 2021
- August 25-31, 2021
Four Seasons Bora Bora renovations complete
Note that until recently the Four Seasons Bora Bora was undergoing renovations, though these are now complete, which is good news.
Four Seasons Bora Bora promotions
The Four Seasons Bora Bora publishes their promotions directly on their website. Currently, the hotel is offering the below promotions, though note that they’re all capacity controlled, so they won’t all be available on all dates. If they are available they’ll show up directly on Four Seasons’ website when you search dates.
Here are some of the Four Seasons Bora Bora promotions:
- Through March 31, 2022, get a fourth night free plus breakfast
- Through June 30, 2021, book a rate that includes nightly breakfast and dinner at a reduced cost
- Through March 31, 2022, book the Beachfront Villa Estate and receive roundtrip airport transfers, all meals, a one-time private bar stocking, and more
- Through March 31, 2022, get 50% off a second overwater bungalow suite when you book a minimum of three nights
None of these promotions are combinable, and as I said above, they’re not available over all dates. If you’re eligible but the promotions aren’t showing, then chances are they’re not available.
Four Seasons flexible booking policy
Four Seasons is offering a flexible booking policy at the moment:
- This is valid for bookings made through March 31, 2021, and for travel on any future arrival dates
- Changes and cancelations are permitted at no charge up to 24 hours before scheduled arrival
- Some exclusions apply during holiday periods, and to certain promotional rates, including the “Make Time to Connect” offer
- Changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences
How to get free breakfast & upgrades at the Four Seasons Bora Bora
In addition to the above promotions, there’s a way to get even more value with Four Seasons stays, and there’s no reason not to take advantage of it.
You don’t pay any extra for booking through Preferred Partner, but you potentially receive benefits like complimentary breakfast, room upgrades, additional hotel credits, and more. Think of it like having elite status with Four Seasons without having to make any previous hotel stays.
This is combinable with the promotions Four Seasons usually offers, so there’s honestly no downside to going through an agent.
If you’re looking for a Four Seasons Preferred Partner agent, you can contact Ford at [email protected], and he’d be happy to help.
How to get to the Four Seasons Bora Bora
Often the most beautiful places in the world aren’t that easy to get to, and the Four Seasons Bora Bora is no exception.
First you have to fly to Tahiti’s international airport, which is Faa’a International Airport (the code is PPT). Here’s a link showing you all the nonstop flights to PPT Airport.
Then you need to fly from there to Bora Bora Airport, which is a ticket you need to book separately on Air Tahiti. That’s just a short 45 minute flight. Here’s a review of Air Tahiti.
Lastly, from Bora Bora Airport you can arrange your transfer through the Four Seasons. The hotel will pick you up at the airport and take you on a boat, and that only takes about 15 minutes. The cost for that is 13,000XPF (~120USD) per person roundtrip, including taxes and fees.
If you book through a Four Seasons Preferred Partner, they can also help you arrange that, and it sometimes may even be included depending on the length of your stay.
Four Seasons Bora Bora bottom line
The Four Seasons Bora Bora is generally regarded as the best of the major hotels in Bora Bora, and that’s for good reason. Their overwater bungalows are large and are their base rooms, unlike other resorts in Bora Bora. Add in the great service and location, and this hotel is sure to delight.
While the hotel isn’t cheap, there are definitely ways to maximize value. In addition to taking advantage of the promotions, make sure you book through a Four Seasons Preferred Partner agent so that they can add additional benefits.