Bora Bora is one of the most picturesque places in the world, and the Four Seasons Bora Bora is regarded as the best major hotel there. If you’re considering a trip to this island paradise, below is some information, including how to maximize value at the Four Seasons Bora Bora.
Four Seasons Bora Bora basics
The Four Seasons Bora Bora is located on a private island overlooking Bora Bora’s main island, including Mount Otemanu and Mount Pahia. The Four Seasons has direct beach access, a beautiful pool, several restaurants, and great accommodation.
What makes the Four Seasons Bora Bora so special is that the entry level rooms here are large overwater bungalows, while at some other hotels you have to pay a huge premium for those room types.
Four Seasons Bora Bora room types
The Four Seasons Bora Bora has a total of 100 suites and seven villas, so it’s a fairly intimate property.
The entry level rooms at the Four Seasons Bora Bora are large overwater suites. They all feature a living room, bedroom, and separate bathroom, and are at least 1,080 square feet.
To give you a sense of the room types, here are the entry level room types:
- One-bedroom beach-view overwater bungalow (25 of these rooms)
- One-bedroom lagoon-view overwater bungalow (22 of these rooms)
- One-bedroom mountain-view overwater bungalow (32 of these rooms)
The only difference between these is the view — the beach view will be the least private, the lagoon-view will offer more privacy, and the mountain-view will offer views of the iconic nearby landscape.
Then you have several types of overwater bungalows with plunge pools, which are in the following order:
- One-bedroom overwater bungalow suite (11 of these rooms)
- One-bedroom Otemanu overwater bungalow suite (four of these rooms)
- Two-bedroom Herenui overwater bungalow suite (two of these rooms)
- Two-bedroom Poerava overwater bungalow suite (one of these rooms)
Lastly you have some specialty villas, which are on land rather than overwater. Those are in the following order:
- One-bedroom beachfront villa estate (one of these rooms)
- Two-bedroom deluxe beachfront villa estate (one of these rooms)
- Two bedroom premier beachfront villa estate (four of these rooms)
- Three-bedroom beachfront villa estate (one of these rooms)
See the below section about how to get upgrades at the Four Seasons Bora Bora for details on how you can potentially score a one category upgrade.
Four Seasons Bora Bora value dates
One of the things that I like about Four Seasons is that they publish “value dates” on their website, so you can see the dates over which you can expect to find the best rates. Currently the value dates for the Four Seasons Bora Bora are as follows:
- January 30 through February 1, 2020
- February 6 through February 8, 2020
- March 2 through March 3, 2020
- April 1 through April 3, 2020
- April 16 through April 21, 2020
- May 1 through May 2, 2020
- May 8 through May 10, 2020
- May 15 through May 16, 2020
Four Seasons Bora Bora renovations complete
Note that until recently the Four Seasons Bora Bora was undergoing renovations, though these are now complete, which is good news.
Four Seasons Bora Bora promotions
The Four Seasons Bora Bora publishes their promotions directly on their website. Currently the hotel is offering the below promotions, though note that they’re all capacity controlled, so they won’t all be available on all dates. If they are available they’ll show up directly on Four Seasons’ website when you search dates.
So, here are the deals:
- Through April 30, 2021, get a fourth night free plus breakfast
- Between April 1, 2020, and April 30, 2021, get a fifth night free plus breakfast
- Stay at least four nights and get a fourth night free plus daily breakfast for two
- Through March 31, 2020, receive a 2,000EUR resort credit (238,663XPF) towards your choice of resort experiences, including dining, spa activities, and more, when you stay at least five nights
- Through April 30, 2021, get 25% off the bed and breakfast rate when you book at least 60 days in advance
- Through October 31, 2021, book the Beachfront Villa Estate and receive roundtrip airport transfers, all meals, a one-time private bar stocking, and more
None of these promotions are combinable, and as I said above, they’re not available over all dates. So if you’re eligible but the promotions aren’t showing, then chances are they’re not available.
For example, pulling up some random value dates for a five night stay, you’ll see that you have the choice between a fourth night free or the 2,000EUR credit.
As you can see, the fourth night free might seem like a good offer, but personally I’d take the rate that includes a 2,000EUR credit. You pay a total of ~125,000XPF more (since the fourth night isn’t free), but you’re getting a ~238,000XPF credit.
How to get free breakfast & upgrades at the Four Seasons Bora Bora
In addition to the above promotions, there’s a way to get even more value with Four Seasons stays, and there’s literally no reason not to take advantage of it. Four Seasons has what’s called the Four Seasons Preferred Partner program, which allows select travel advisors to offer additional perks for Four Seasons stays.
You don’t pay any extra for booking through Preferred Partner, but you potentially receive benefits like complimentary breakfast, room upgrades, additional hotel credits, and more.
This is combinable with the promotions Four Seasons usually offers, so there’s honestly no downside to going through an agent.
If you’re looking for a Four Seasons Preferred Partner agent, you can contact Ford at [email protected], and he’d be happy to help. He might even be able to help if you have an existing reservation.
How to get to the Four Seasons Bora Bora
Often the most beautiful places in the world aren’t that easy to get to, and the Four Seasons Bora Bora is no exception.
First you have to fly to Tahiti’s international airport, which is Faa’a International Airport (the code is PPT). Here’s a link showing you all the nonstop flights to PPT Airport.
Then you need to fly from there to Bora Bora Airport, which is a ticket you need to book separately on Air Tahiti. That’s just a short 45 minute flight. Here’s a review of Air Tahiti.
Lastly, from Bora Bora Airport you can arrange your transfer through the Four Seasons. The hotel will pick you up at the airport and take you on a boat, and that only takes about 15 minutes. The cost for that is 13,000XPF (~120USD) per person roundtrip, including taxes and fees.
If you book through a Four Seasons Preferred Partner, they can also help you arrange that, and it sometimes may even be included depending on the length of your stay.
Four Seasons Bora Bora bottom line
The Four Seasons Bora Bora is generally regarded as the best of the major hotels in Bora Bora, and that’s for good reason. Their overwater bungalows are large and are their base rooms, unlike other resorts in Bora Bora. Add in the great service and location, and this hotel is sure to delight.
While the hotel isn’t cheap, there are definitely ways to maximize value. In addition to taking advantage of the promotions, make sure you book through a Four Seasons Preferred Partner so that they can add additional benefits (Ford can help and can be reached at [email protected]).