Want to take advantage of Four Seasons Preferred Partner benefits, including a space available room upgrade, complimentary breakfast, a hotel credit, and more? Contact Ford ([email protected]) for more details. He may even be able to help if you already have a stay booked.
Four Seasons has a loyal following and is known for its incredible hotels. The hotel group has two properties in New York City, one of which is iconic and has been around for ages, and one of which is new and highly regarded.
In this post I wanted to go over some of the basics if you’re considering a stay at one of them — what are the differences between the Four Seasons properties in New York, and how do you score the best deal for a stay at either the Four Seasons New York Midtown or the Four Seasons New York Downtown?
Score extra perks at Four Seasons New York
Why? You’ll get the same rate you find on Four Seasons’ website (including any promotional offers), and you’ll also receive additional perks, like free breakfast, a room upgrade, a hotel credit, and more.
A couple of things to note:
- There’s no catch here — there’s no extra cost to book through a travel advisor, and you’ll pay the same rate you pay directly with Four Seasons
- If you’re staying at a Four Seasons, you’re better off booking through Preferred Partner than through programs like Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts; that’s because Four Seasons prioritizes upgrades for bookings through its own proprietary program
If you need help with a Four Seasons Preferred Partner booking, Ford is more than happy to help, and can be reached at [email protected] He can help with inquiries in New York, or any other Four Seasons property globally.
Four Seasons New York Midtown details
The Four Seasons New York Midtown is the original Four Seasons in the city, and is probably most well known (note: this property will be reopening in July 2022, and has been mostly closed due to the pandemic):
- The hotel opened in 1993
- The hotel is located in Midtown, on 57th Street between Park and Madison Avenues
- The hotel has 368 rooms, ranging from the 300 square foot Studio 57 Room, to the 4,300 square foot Gotham Suite
- The hotel has two restaurants and lounge, including The Garden and Ty Bar
- The hotel has the L.RAPHAEL Beauty Spa and a 24-hour gym
- The hotel has a Rolls-Royce courtesy car that can be used within 12 blocks of the hotel
Four Seasons New York Downtown details
The Four Seasons New York Downtown is the brand’s newest addition in New York City, so it’s a great option if you’re looking for an ultra-modern hotel:
- The hotel opened in 2016
- The hotel is located in Downtown, at the crossroads of Tribeca and the Financial District, just a block from the World Trade Center
- The hotel has 189 rooms, ranging from the 400 square foot Brooklyn Room, to the 2,400 square foot Empire Suite
- The hotel has one restaurant, which is CUT by Wolfgang Puck
- The hotel has a full service spa and 24-hour gym
- The hotel has a 75-foot indoor lap pool, which is a rare amenity in New York City
Which New York Four Seasons Property is better?
While both Four Seasons New York properties are well regarded, they’re very different, and most people shouldn’t have a hard time deciding which property to stay at. A few things stand out about the properties:
- There’s a huge difference between the locations — some prefer how central Midtown is, as well as all the shopping opportunities, while others may prefer Downtown, either for doing business, or for the trendy neighborhoods nearby
- The Downtown location is significantly more modern and is smaller, while the Midtown location feels more grand and classic
- The Downtown location has the benefit of having a pool, while the Midtown location has the benefit of having a Rolls-Royce car service
- The Downtown location has larger base rooms, and is also generally a bit less expensive (though pricing varies)
Four Seasons has two properties in New York City, with each hotel having different strengths. Both are very well regarded — the Midtown hotel is the original property, and is grand and iconic, while the Downtown hotel is more boutique and modern, and even has a pool.
Regardless of which property you select, you’ll get the best value by booking through a Four Seasons Preferred Partner travel advisor, as this will get you perks like complimentary breakfast, a room upgrade subject to availability, a hotel credit, and more, all at no extra cost to you compared to booking direct.
|Want to receive extra benefits for your stay at the Four Seasons, including a space available room upgrade, complimentary breakfast, a hotel credit, and more? Contact [email protected] for more details. He may even be able to help if you already have a stay booked.|
Learn about Four Seasons deals & offers: Anguilla, Athens, Bahamas, Bora Bora, Boston, Cap-Ferrat, Costa Rica, Dubai, Hawaii, Jackson Hole, London, Los Cabos, Maldives, New York, Napa Valley, New Orleans, Orlando, Palm Beach, Paris, Philadelphia, Punta Mita, San Francisco, Santa Fe, Seattle, Sicily, Vail, Private Retreats, and Private Jets