Four Seasons has a loyal following, and in particular I know that a lot of people (especially those on the west coast) swear by the brand’s Hawaii properties. Four Seasons has plenty of other well regarded hotels, ranging from the Bora Bora property, to the Paris George V property, to the Surf Club Surfside property, to the Los Cabos at Costa Palmas property.
With the travel restrictions currently in place, I know a lot of people may be looking to travel closer to home than they would have in the past. One popular international destination for Americans right now is Costa Rica, and the Four Seasons Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo is arguably the country’s most luxurious property.
In this post I wanted to cover the basics of the Four Seasons Costa Rica, and also share the best ways to maximize value for stays at the resort (which is to take advantage of promotions and book through a Four Seasons Preferred Partner agent).
Four Seasons Costa Rica Basics
The Four Seasons Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo is generally regarded as Costa Rica’s best hotel, especially after its recent $35 million transformation. The Four Seasons has just under 200 accommodations, including guest rooms, suites, and residences. The resort has all the amenities you’d expect from a five star resort, including several restaurants and pools, beach access, a spa, and much more.
Four Seasons Costa Rica exterior
The resort is just a short 40 minute drive from Daniel Oduber International Airport, Liberia (LIR), which can be accessed nonstop from several US airports.
Four Seasons Costa Rica lobby
Four Seasons Costa Rica Room Types
The Four Seasons Costa Rica has a variety of guest rooms, suites, and private residences, so let me provide a rundown of the options.
The Four Seasons Costa Rica has a total of 120 guest rooms, spread across three categories. They’re all the same size, with the only difference being the views:
- The Terraza Room is 603 square feet and has views of tropical landscapes and dry forest
- The Brisa Room is 603 square feet and has partial views of the ocean or bay
- The Cielo Room is 603 square feet and has partial views of the ocean or bay, combined with tropical forest scenery
Four Seasons Costa Rica guest room
The Four Seasons Costa Rica has a total of 25 suites, spread across four categories. There are significant differences in terms of the sizes:
- The One-Bedroom Canopy Suite is 1,025 square feet and overlooks the forest canopy
- The One-Bedroom Canopy Plunge Pool Suite is 1,206 square feet and overlooks the tropical dry forest or bay
- The Three-Bedroom Canopy Premier Plunge Pool Suite is 2,480 square feet and overlooks the tropical dry forest and bay
- The Three-Bedroom Miramar Suite is 4,219 square feet and has panoramic views of the bay, ocean, and tropical gardens
Four Seasons Costa Rica suite
On top of that, the Four Seasons Costa Rica has a total of 48 residences, spread across 14 different room types. These range in size from 1,700 square feet to 9,106 square feet, and you can always inquire as to which are available during your stay.
Four Seasons Costa Rica Deals & Promotions
The Four Seasons Costa Rica has a variety of promotions that guests can take advantage of when booking, including the following:
- Through December 24, 2021, receive a fourth night free with every three consecutive paid nights
- Through December 17, 2021, receive a $1,000 resort credit towards dining, activities, spa treatments, and golf, when booking a stay of at least five nights
- Through December 24, 2021, get 30% off your stay in a Canopy Premier Suite or Private Residence when you stay for at least five nights
- Through December 31, 2022, receive up to 20% off when you book at least seven days in advance
Four Seasons Costa Rica restaurant
Note that none of these promotions are combinable, so you have to choose which of these offers you’d like to take advantage of. Furthermore, the rates you’ll see on Four Seasons’ website already reflect any eligible discounts.
Book With Four Seasons Preferred Partner
If you are going to book the Four Seasons Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, you should absolutely book through a Travel Advisor who is affiliated with Four Seasons Preferred Partner. This is a program available to select Travel Advisors, where they can add value for your stays without it costing you anything extra.
Four Seasons Preferred Partner offers extra perks like daily breakfast, room upgrades, resort credits, and more, all at no additional cost to the guest. Four Seasons Preferred Partner can be combined with any of the above promotions, including the fourth night free offer.
Four Seasons Costa Rica pool
Just to give an example, the Four Seasons Costa Rica charges a minimum of an extra $56 per night for a rate that includes breakfast, though through Preferred Partner you can get that at no extra cost.
If you’re booking Four Seasons and you’re not doing so through a Preferred Partner agent then you’re doing it wrong.
If you’d like to make a booking at the Four Seasons Costa Rica to get the best deal, and/or have a question about Preferred Partner, you can reach out to Ford at [email protected]. Travel Advisors may even be able to help if you already have existing bookings.
Four Seasons Costa Rica beach
Four Seasons Costa Rica Summary
Four Seasons Costa Rica is considered by many to be the most luxurious property in Central America. The hotel recently underwent a significant renovation, which has improved it even further. Costa Rica is a great tropical destination that is only a few hours by plane from the US, and which is currently welcoming Americans (with some restrictions).
Hopefully the above gives a good overview of the property. If you are going to book the Four Seasons Costa Rica, make sure you’re at least maximizing value by booking through a Preferred Partner agent, who can help you take advantage of any promotions, and add even further perks.