- I have the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card (review), which has a $125 annual fee (Rates & Fees) and offers an anniversary free night certificate every year valid at a property costing up to 35,000 points per night
- I have the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card (review), which has a $450 annual fee (Rates & Fees) and offers a $300 annual Marriott credit plus an anniversary free night certificate every year valid at a property costing up to 50,000 points per night
Well, at least one of these cards seems to be offering a pretty lucrative spending bonus at the moment.
Bonvoy Brilliant $100 spending bonus
If you go to the Amex Offers section of your Bonvoy Brilliant Card, there’s one offer, in particular, that’s worth calling out. While it’s targeted, many are reporting seeing an offer for a $100 statement credit when spending $1,000+ on the card by November 30, 2020.
According to the terms, the $1,000+ spending requirement can be reached across one or multiple purchases, and the $100 credit will post within 90 days of November 30 (though I’d guess it will post much faster than that in practice).
To find this you’ll want to go to the Amex Offers section of your account, at the bottom of your account profile, which is where you should see this offer, if eligible.
Personally, I don’t usually use my Bonvoy Brilliant Card for spending much. I don’t even usually use it at Marriotts, as I instead use the Chase Sapphire Reserve® (review), which offers 3x Ultimate Rewards points.
Nonetheless, you can bet I’ll be switching $1,000 of spending to this card. Even not factoring in the rewards, 10% cash back on credit card spending is incredible. The card is also temporarily offering up to 10x Bonvoy points on restaurant and gas station spending, so I’ll probably start using this card for restaurants.
I value Bonvoy points at ~0.7 cents each, so to me the 10x points are like 7% back, plus the 10% back in the form of the statement credit, for an incredible 17% back. I’ll take it!
This card is more than paying for itself
I really am getting awesome value with the Bonvoy Brilliant Card this year. The card has a $450 annual fee, but offers:
- A $300 annual credit valid at Marriotts (which I’ve already used)
- I’ll get a $100 statement credit thanks to this promotion
- There’s an Amex Offers deal for which I’ll get $50 back for spending $200+ at Marriotts
- Then there’s the anniversary free night award, valid at a property costing up to 50,000 points
So I’ll get $450 in statement credits for my $450 annual fee card, plus a free night at a pretty nice Marriott property. I’ll take it!
If you have the Bonvoy Brilliant Card then check your account and see if you’re eligible for a $100 credit when you spend $1,000+ on the card. Getting the equivalent of 10% cash back plus rewards points is a phenomenal deal.
This year I’ll be getting $450 in statement credits on this $450 annual fee card, which is pretty good if you ask me.
Does anyone else see this offer on their Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card?
The following links will direct you to the rates and fees for mentioned American Express Cards. These include: Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card (Rates & Fees), and Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card (Rates & Fees).