Link: Apply now for the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card
In this post:
Earn 95K Points with the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card
The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card has a welcome offer of 95,000 bonus points after spending $6,000 within the first six months. I value Bonvoy points at 0.7 cents each, given all the great ways there are to redeem them, so I would value 95,000 Bonvoy points at $665.
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card eligibility requirements
If you’re applying for the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card, the general Amex application restrictions apply. For example, you’re limited to having a total of five Amex credit cards (not including hybrid cards), regardless of whether they’re personal or business. The good news is that I find Amex cards to anecdotally be pretty easy to get approved for.
Beyond that, since both American Express and Chase issue cards for Marriott, there are some pretty complicated restrictions regarding eligibility for this card, so see this post for more details.
Why the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card is worth it
Not only does the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card have a generous welcome offer, but this is a card that’s worth keeping in the long run. It’s a card I’ve had for years, and plan to hold onto. The card has a $650 annual fee (Rates & Fees), and for that you receive huge perks:
- The card offers Marriott Bonvoy Platinum status for as long as you’re a cardmember; this is where status really gets valuable, and offers perks like suite upgrades and free breakfast at most brands
- The card offers 25 elite nights toward Marriott Bonvoy status annually, which can help you earn a higher elite tier, like Titanium status or Ambassador status, or qualify for Choice Benefits
- The card offers an anniversary free night award every year, valid at a property costing up to 85,000 points per night (this can also be topped off with up to 15,000 additional points)
- This card offers up to $300 per year in restaurant credits, in the form of a $25 credit each month
- The card offers a Priority Pass Select membership, which can get you airport lounge access (Enrollment required)
To me this card is absolutely worth it. You’re getting $300 per year in restaurant credits (I just buy $25 in Starbucks gift cards every month), which I consider to be worth close to face value. Then for that you’re getting Marriott Bonvoy Platinum status, a valuable free night award, and much more.
The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card has a solid welcome offer of 95,000 bonus points after you spend $6,000 within the first 6 months of cardmembership.
The card offers Bonvoy Platinum status for as long as you have the card, an anniversary free night award, up to $300 in annual restaurant credits, and more. If you stay at Marriotts with any frequency and don’t have this card, you’re potentially missing out on quite a bit of value.
Do you plan on picking up the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card?
The following links will direct you to the rates and fees for mentioned American Express Cards. These include: Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card (Rates & Fees).