If you’re looking to cross the Atlantic next spring or summer, this is a fantastic opportunity…
Singapore Suites awards readily available
Singapore Airlines operates a flight from Singapore to New York via Frankfurt, with that Frankfurt to New York flight being a fifth freedom flight (meaning you can fly Singapore Airlines exclusively between Germany and the United States).
A couple of weeks ago Singapore Airlines had lots of award availability in Suites from New York to Frankfurt, and now the airline has a lot of Suites award availability from Frankfurt to New York, as noted by Monkey Miles. There seems to be the most space between late March and August 2022.
This is rare, since historically the airline doesn’t release much award space in advance in Suites. Best of all, there are many days with two Suites awards available.
Availability at the “Saver” level (which is what you should be looking for) costs just 86,000 KrisFlyer miles one-way, which is a phenomenal deal, especially given the lack of fuel surcharges. Note that Star Alliance partner award programs don’t have access to this award space.
There’s also award space all the way between Singapore and New York, though I’d be more skeptical about booking this:
- Singapore is currently only open under the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) concept, and even that is being partially suspended right now
- It’s anyone’s guess when Singapore will open up on a more widespread basis, especially with omicron concerns
- Personally I view the value here in traveling between the United States and Europe, since that travel should be very much possible next spring and summer
Earning Singapore KrisFlyer miles is easy
Even if you don’t have KrisFlyer miles, earning these miles is quite easy:
- Most major transferable points currencies, including Amex Membership Rewards, Capital One, Chase Ultimate Rewards, and Citi ThankYou, partner with Singapore KrisFlyer
- There’s a further promotion whereby you receive Star Alliance Gold status if you transfer 250,000 points to KrisFlyer
- Just keep in mind that not all transfers to Singapore KrisFlyer are instant, and it can often take up to two days; however, in my experience transfers from Amex are instant
This route will feature Singapore’s new A380 Suites
What’s especially exciting about this opportunity is that we recently learned that Singapore Airlines will fly its A380 with new cabins to New York as of late March. So if you book this flight, you should be seated in Singapore Airlines’ incredible new Suites cabin with just six seats.
I’d feel confident about this aircraft type sticking, given that Singapore Airlines is in the process of reconfiguring its A380 fleet, and at least 10 of 12 A380s that will reenter service already feature these cabins.
Singapore Airlines currently has lots of Suites award availability from Frankfurt to New York between late March and August 2022. Many flights have two award seats, and you can book them for 86,000 KrisFlyer miles. This is a fantastic opportunity, especially when you consider the lack of first class award seats available in advance across the Atlantic.
Do you plan on locking in a Singapore Suites award seat across the Atlantic?