Hertz has a new promotion whereby select Marriott Bonvoy elite members can receive complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards elite status. Of course it’s important to keep in mind that renting from Hertz may get you arrested, and if you’re from Puerto Rico, make sure you bring your passport.
Marriott Bonvoy elite members receive Hertz elite status
Marriott Bonvoy elite members can visit this website to request a Hertz status match or challenge. What you’re eligible for depends on what your status is:
- Marriott Ambassador members are eligible for Hertz President’s Circle status
- Marriott Titanium members are eligible for Hertz Five Star status
- Marriott Platinum members are eligible for a fast track to Hertz Five Star status; you can earn the status after seven rentals within a 12-month period, rather than 10 rentals (that’s hardly generous)
Registering is easy, as you just have to provide your first and last name, as well as your Marriott Bonvoy and Hertz Gold Plus Rewards numbers. There’s not an end date for this offer, and it’s also not stated how long status is valid for. You can find the FAQs here, and find the terms & conditions here.
This is far from the first easy opportunity to earn elite status with Hertz:
- Delta SkyMiles also has a status match opportunity, which can earn you Hertz President’s Circle or Five Star status
- Those with the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card (review) (Rates & Fees) and The Platinum Card® from American Express (review) can earn Hertz President’s Circle status
What are the benefits of Hertz elite status?
What are the perks of elite status with Hertz? Here are the benefits of Hertz President’s Circle status:
- Guaranteed car upgrades, a minimum of one-class, at participating locations
- Freedom to choose any vehicle in the President’s Circle section of the Hertz Ultimate Choice lot on the spot at no extra charge
- No additional driver fee for a spouse or domestic partner in the United States
- 50% bonus on Gold Plus Rewards points on all qualified rentals
- Expedited vehicle pick-up at over 1,000 locations worldwide
- No stopping at the counter at over 50 airports
- eReturn, whereby you don’t have to wait when returning your car
- Hertz Valet, whereby you can take advantage of a terminal drive-back service at participating locations up to four times per year
- A dedicated President’s Circle call center line
Below is a chart comparing the different Hertz elite status tiers, so you can also get a sense of what Five Star perks are like.
Marriott Bonvoy and Hertz Gold Plus Rewards have launched a new status match opportunity, offering Hertz status matches for Marriott Bonvoy members. This is most useful for Ambassador members, followed by Titanium members, followed by Platinum members. Those of us in the United States have quite a few pathways for earning status with Hertz, though I’m sure this will still prove useful to some, especially outside the United States.
Do you plan on taking advantage of this Hertz status match opportunity?
Upon enrollment, accessible through the Capital One website or mobile app, eligible cardholders will remain at upgraded status level through December 31, 2024. Please note, enrolling through the normal Hertz Gold Plus Rewards enrollment process (e.g. at Hertz.com) will not automatically detect a cardholder as being eligible for the program and cardholders will not be automatically upgraded to the applicable status tier. Additional terms apply.