The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card has just made its new member bonus even more compelling.
Earn 60K points plus $50 grocery credit
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is now offering a two-part bonus for new cardmembers:
- Earn 60,000 bonus Ultimate Rewards points after spending $4,000 within three months
- Receive a one-time automatic statement credit of up to $50 on grocery store purchases; eligible purchases within the first 12 months will be automatically applied to the credit, and there’s no spending threshold to be eligible for it
That bonus of 60,000 points was previously available, so what’s new here is receiving a statement credit of up to $50. The card has a $95 annual fee, so if you want to look at it differently, the $50 credit may more than cover half of your annual fee.
Unfortunately this up to $50 credit isn’t available to existing cardmembers. However, both new and existing cardmembers can earn 2x points on up to $1,000 in monthly grocery store purchases through April 30, 2021. That promotion had previously been announced, and is ongoing.
Why you should get the Sapphire Preferred
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is one of the most well rounded mid-range cards out there. The card:
- Offers 2x points on dining and travel
- Has great travel protection
- Acts as a good “hub” card for Chase Ultimate Rewards, and lets you maximize the other cards in the portfolio
- Offers flexible points that can be transferred to a Chase Ultimate Rewards airline or hotel partner, can be redeemed at 1.25 cents each towards a travel purchase, or for a limited time can be redeemed at that rate towards everyday expenses
If you’ve been considering the Chase Sapphire Preferred, now is a great time to get the card. Not only is the card offering a bonus of 60,000 points, but it’s also offering a grocery credit of up to $50.
This is a popular card, so if you’re eligible for the card and don’t have it, I’d recommend considering this offer.