In early 2020, Chase and DoorDash launched a partnership, offering perks (including a DoorDash DashPass) for those with Chase credit cards. This was initially supposed to end in early 2022, but has now been extended for a few more years. As of the beginning of April 2022 even more perks are live, so I wanted to recap all the details of the partnership.
What is DoorDash DashPass?
For those of you not familiar with DoorDash, it’s a delivery service available in hundreds of cities in the United States. DoorDash primarily offers food delivery from restaurants, but also offers deliveries from grocery stores, convenience stores, pet stores, and more.
DoorDash DashPass is a membership service that ordinarily costs $9.99 per month. This offers several perks, the most significant of which is $0 delivery fees on eligible restaurant and grocery store deliveries (generally you need to spend at least $12 with a restaurant or $25 with a grocery store). There is still a service charge, and on top of that you’re expected to tip.
Long story short, if you use DoorDash multiple times per month, a DashPass membership is probably worth it, since these fees are otherwise an average of $4-5 per order. Fortunately there are ways to get this other than outright paying, especially if you have a Chase credit card.
What DoorDash perks do Chase cards offer?
Several Chase credit cards have new and extended DoorDash perks, valid all the way through 2024, which is pretty awesome. While so many credit card perks nowadays are temporary, at least this one is valid for a few years. Let’s go over the perks that are available by card type.
Chase Sapphire DoorDash DashPass benefits
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® (review) and Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (review) offer a complimentary DoorDash DashPass through December 31, 2024. That’s right, you can get nearly three additional years of a DashPass membership. The pass is also available for a minimum of 12 months, so if you wait all the way until 2024 to sign-up, the membership could potentially be valid into 2025.
Even those who have the above cards but canceled their memberships are eligible to re-enroll.
Chase Sapphire Reserve monthly DoorDash credit
When this partnership launched, the Chase Sapphire Reserve® offered a $60 annual DoorDash credit in both 2020 and 2021. While that lump sum won’t be making a comeback, there are now once again credits in a different form:
- The card offers a $5 monthly DoorDash credit
- This is valid between April 1, 2022, and December 31, 2024
- This isn’t a statement credit, but rather you’ll see a $5 monthly credit in your DoorDash account when you link your card, and it will automatically be applied to your next eligible order
- The credits only expire after three months, so in theory you could use a single $15 credit every three months, if you wanted to
As you can see, you’re potentially looking at up to $60 in annual DoorDash credits, though you’ll have to use them a minimum of four times annually to maximize value.
Chase Freedom DoorDash DashPass benefits
- This is available for sign-up between April 1, 2022, and December 31, 2024
- This is only available to those who haven’t used the benefit before
- You only get a DashPass membership for three months, but then you can get a 50% discount for an additional nine months, bringing the cost for that period to under $5 per month
Chase co-branded card DoorDash DashPass benefits
Several co-branded Chase credit cards are offering a complimentary DoorDash DashPass membership for a period of 12 months:
- This is only valid for those who haven’t previously used the Chase DashPass benefit
- Enrollment is required by December 31, 2024, and once enrolled you get a one year DashPass
This feature is valid on the following co-branded credit cards:
- Aer Lingus Visa Signature® Card (review)
- Aeroplan® Credit Card (review)
- British Airways Visa Signature® Card (review)
- Iberia Visa Signature® Card (review)
- IHG® Rewards Premier Credit Card (review)
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card (review)
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card (review)
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card (review)
- Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Card (review)
- United Club℠ Infinite Card (review)
- United℠ Explorer Card (review)
- United Quest℠ Card (review)
- World of Hyatt Credit Card (review)
How do you activate Chase DoorDash benefits?
The process of enrolling a Chase credit card for DoorDash benefits is quite easy. Just create a DoorDash account (if you don’t have one already). Then for your payment method, enter an eligible Chase credit card number. Once you do that, you should see the option to activate the above perks. There really aren’t many hoops to jump through.
If you do link a Chase Sapphire Reserve, the $5 monthly credit should also show in your account, under the “Payment” section of your account.
In recent years we’ve seen so many limited time credit card perks introduced. Obviously it’s a mutually beneficial arrangement, whereby credit card issuers can offer more perks, and other companies can get access to a lucrative customer base.
It’s nice to see the partnership between Chase and DoorDash extended all the way through the end of 2024, giving Chase Sapphire cardmembers access to a DashPass membership that entire time. Furthermore, those with the Chase Sapphire Reserve® can now receive a $5 monthly DoorDash credit. You’ll be able to redeem up to three at a time, given that each credit will be valid for three months. Lastly, some other Chase cardmembers can enjoy a more limited time DashPass membership.
Have you gotten value out of the partnership between Chase and DoorDash?