Before I get into this post, let me of course note that there are more important things going on right now than the introduction of new credit cards. However:
- I still think this is a great time to earn miles & points that you can redeem at a later date, when it’s safe and responsible to travel
- I still want to keep up to date on what’s changing in the credit card industry
- A distraction from the coronavirus news we otherwise see all day sure is welcome
With that in mind, a new premium co-branded credit card has just been launched by Chase and United.
The New United Club Infinite Card
The new United ClubSM Infinite Card offers an excellent welcome bonus, lounge access, solid bonus categories, and useful perks when flying United. Let’s take a look at the details.
100K Bonus MileagePlus Miles
Through May 18, 2020, the United Club Infinite Card is offering a bonus of 100,000 MileagePlus miles after spending $5,000 within three months. That’s a reasonable spending requirement when you consider how big the bonus is. This is an exceptionally big welcome bonus.
Redeem MileagePlus miles on Star Alliance partner airlines
Earn Up To 4x MileagePlus Miles For Spending
The United Club Infinite Card offers the following bonus categories:
- 4x MileagePlus miles for United purchases
- 2x MileagePlus miles for dining at restaurants and all other travel purchases
- 1x MileagePlus miles for all other eligible purchases
Earn 4x MileagePlus miles for United purchases
$525 Annual Fee
The United Club Infinite Card has a $525 annual fee, which is on the steep side, but in line with many other premium credit cards.
Receive A United Club Membership
Arguably the key benefit of the United Club Infinite Card is that it offers a United Club membership, which offers access to United Clubs and participating Star Alliance affiliated lounges.
A co-branded credit card is one of the best ways to get United Club access, especially when you consider that outright buying a membership would ordinarily cost $550-650 per year.
Here you save $25-125 compared to that price, and you get all kinds of other perks with the card.
Get a United Club membership with the United Club Infinite Card
Other United Club Infinite Card Perks
The card offers all kinds of other perks, including:
- Free first and second checked bags on United, a value of up to $320 per roundtrip
- Premier Access travel services, including priority check-in, security, boarding, and baggage handling
- A Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check travel credit
- 25% back on United inflight purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
Get priority boarding with the United Club Infinite Card
This Is A Separate Product From The United Club Card
Note that this is different than the United Club Card that United used to issue. Those with the United Club Card can continue to keep that card, though it’s now closed to new applications.
While this is a separate product from the United Club Card, those who currently have that card, or who have received a new cardmember bonus on the card in the past 24 months, won’t be eligible to apply for this card (though you might be able to product change to it).
Now is probably not the time to get all that excited about a credit card offering lounge access, given reduced travel. However, it’s certainly worth being aware of the United Club Infinite Card.
It has a massive bonus with a reasonable spending requirement, offers United Club access, and also offers all kinds of other valuable perks for United travel.
What do you make of the new United Club Infinite Card?