It’s fairly rare to see airline loyalty programs offer compelling bonuses for new members. One exception is Qatar Airways Privilege Club, which has pretty consistently been offering bonuses for new members who register with a promotion code.
If you’re not yet a Privilege Club member, this could be an especially good time to sign-up, given that Privilege Club now uses Avios as its rewards currency, meaning that the points earned as part of this new member bonus could be transferred to British Airways Executive Club.
Earn up to 7,500 Avios for joining Privilege Club
Qatar Airways Privilege Club is offering new members up to 7,500 bonus Avios:
- Earn 2,500 bonus Avios instantly when you join by March 31, 2022
- Earn an additional 5,000 bonus Avios when you take your first flight by September 30, 2022; the flight can be in any class of service, as long as it’s marketed and operated by Qatar Airways
To take advantage of this offer, simply register with promotion code FLYQR3. It’s awesome to earn bonus Avios even without any sort of activity requirement. For what it’s worth, Qatar Airways Avios expire after three years of inactivity.
Should you join Qatar Airways Privilege Club?
While I enjoy flying Qatar Airways, historically the Privilege Club program hasn’t been at the top of my list of favorite frequent flyer programs. There have been better oneworld frequent flyer programs in terms of mileage opportunities and elite perks. For example, even if you want to redeem for travel on Qatar Airways, you’re often better off booking through American AAdvantage than through Qatar Airways Privilege Club.
That being said, the program has just become significantly more compelling, and there are reasons that signing up makes sense:
- You can now transfer Qatar Airways Avios to British Airways Avios at a 1:1 ratio, so 2,500 Privilege Club Avios could get you 2,500 Executive Club Avios
- There’s no reason to turn down 2,500 Avios just for joining a program with no activity requirement
- This could be especially useful for those who also want to take part in Qatar Airways’ excellent frequent flyer program for students, which requires being a member of the Privilege Club program
- There are some Qatar Airways award redemptions where Privilege Club does have the best pricing, and in other situations British Airways Executive Club has great pricing
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club is a Citi ThankYou transfer partner, so these Avios are pretty easy to rack up with transferable points currencies; British Airways Executive Club also partners with Amex Membership Rewards and Capital One
Qatar Airways is offering a bonus to new Privilege Club members. Those who register with promotion code FLYQR3 can earn 2,500 bonus Avios with no activity requirement, and a further 5,000 bonus Avios after taking their first Qatar Airways flight.
This is a solid offer, especially when you consider that these Avios could be transferred to British Airways Executive Club.
Do any non-Privilege Club members plan to take advantage of this promotion?