American AAdvantage and World of Hyatt have a partnership that offers reciprocal perks. While this offers some consistent benefits, we’ve just seen a promotion rolled out that offers an American AAdvantage status fast track for World of Hyatt elite members.
How the American & Hyatt partnership works
In 2019 American AAdvantage and World of Hyatt launched a partnership, offering reciprocal benefits for members of both loyalty programs. The concept of airlines and hotels teaming up makes sense, since those who fly a lot are also likely to stay at hotels a lot, and vice versa.
With this partnership, registered members can receive the following perks:
- American AAdvantage elite members can earn one AAdvantage mile per dollar spent with Hyatt
- World of Hyatt elite members can earn one World of Hyatt point per dollar spent with American
- American AAdvantage Concierge Key members (invitation only) receive complimentary Globalist status with Hyatt
- World of Hyatt Explorist and Globalist members “may, from time to time, be selected for the opportunity to participate in offers to earn AAdvantage elite status” (for example, in 2019 we saw many Hyatt Globalist members get Executive Platinum status)
As you can see, typically the only “guaranteed” status is that Concierge Key members receive Globalist status, while there’s no consistent opportunities for Hyatt elite members to receive American status.
Hyatt status fast track for American elites
With a new promotion, AAdvantage Gold, Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Executive Platinum members, can register for a World of Hyatt fast track, which can earn them World of Hyatt Explorist or Globalist status, depending on their qualifying activity.
Here are the basic terms:
- You must register by November 30, 2022
- Qualifying World of Hyatt activity has to be completed within 90 days of registration (so you’ll want to time registration, since the “clock” starts when you register)
- Members will receive trial Explorist status, and then can maintain Explorist or Globalist status through February 2024 based on qualifying activity
- Only eligible rates qualify, including award nights
You need to complete the following number of nights within 90 days to maintain status through February 2024:
- To maintain World of Hyatt Explorist status, earn 10 qualifying nights
- To earn World of Hyatt Globalist status, earn 20 qualifying nights (only Platinum Pro, Executive Platinum, and Concierge Key members are eligible for the Globalist status challenge)
Essentially this fast track requires you to earn one-third of the typical elite nights in one-quarter of the year. A couple of further things to note:
- Elite nights earned with credit cards, including the new double elite nights offer on the World of Hyatt Business Card (review), wouldn’t count toward this promotion; the night requirement here is for actual hotel stays
- Keep in mind that some World of Hyatt perks are tied to the Milestone Rewards program, which is based on how many elite nights you earn, rather than what your status is; so if you earn Globalist status through this offer you wouldn’t earn suite upgrade awards, free night certificates, or get access to My Hyatt Concierge
American AAdvantage and World of Hyatt have an awesome partnership, and as part of that, they’ve launched a new promotion. At the moment, American AAdvantage elite members can receive World of Hyatt Explorist status for a period of 90 days, and then can earn Explorist or Globalist status (for select members) through February 2024 based on their stay activity during that period.
This could be well worth it for any American AAdvantage loyalists who want to earn World of Hyatt status.
Anyone taking advantage of this Hyatt status fast track opportunity?
(Tip of the hat to Frequent Miler)