Last week American and Hyatt launched an exciting new partnership. With this new cooperation:
- Hyatt elite members can earn bonus points for American flights, and American elite members can earn bonus miles for Hyatt stays
- American Concierge Key members can get Globalist status, and other American elite members can participate in Hyatt status challenges
- Select Hyatt elite members can participate in American status challenges
When it comes to this cooperation, that last point seems to be the least consistent so far. When members registered to link their accounts, many American elite members reported seeing Hyatt status fast track promotions.
However, the American fast track promotions for Hyatt elite members seem less readily available… until now.
Deals We Like points out that many Hyatt elite members are now eligible for American status challenges. First make sure that your American and Hyatt accounts are linked, and then go to the American Airlines promotions page.
Not everyone will be targeted, though quite a few people are reporting seeing offers even though they haven’t been emailed about them. It seems that in general we’re seeing the most offers for Hyatt Globalist members who don’t have American status.
For those members, the most common promotion seems to be as follows:
- Get free AAdvantage Platinum status when you register; you need to register no later than September 30, 2019
- If you fly enough over a 90 day period you can earn AAdvantage elite status valid through January 2021, and the status is based on how much flying you do over a three month period:
- Gold status requires 1,000 EQDs plus 7,000 EQMs or 8 EQSs
- Platinum status requires 2,000 EQDs plus 12,500 EQMs or 16 EQSs
- Platinum Pro status requires 3,000 EQDs plus 20,000 EQMs or 24 EQSs
- Executive Platinum status requires 5,000 EQDs plus 35,000 EQMs or 40 EQSs
Being able to get a status challenge that can potentially earn you Executive Platinum status is pretty awesome.
Not surprisingly it seems like most of the Globalist members being targeted for this promotion are those without any American status, while those of us who are Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro seem to be getting nothing.
If you’ve linked your AAdvantage and World of Hyatt account, please report back on whether you’ve been targeted for an American status challenge, and what the terms are!