World of Hyatt has just announced the details of their latest global promotion, called “Bonus Journeys.”
Earn Up To Triple Points With Hyatt’s New Promotion
With World of Hyatt’s new Bonus Journeys promotion, you can earn up to triple points:
- Earn triple World of Hyatt points for stays at all Hyatt Place properties
- Earn double points at all other Hyatt hotels and resorts; this even includes M life Rewards destinations, as well as Small Luxury Hotels of the World properties
Note that you only start earning bonus points with this promotion starting with your second stay. With your first stay you’ll earn points as usual.
In order to take advantage of this promotion, you need to:
- Register between September 9 and October 31, 2019
- Stay between September 15 and December 15, 2019
There are some further terms to be aware of:
- You can earn a maximum of 200,000 bonus points during the promotion period; this includes a maximum of 100,000 bonus points from Hyatt Place stays, and 100,000 bonus points from non-Hyatt Place stays
- Previously booked stays qualify, so it’s fine if you booked before the promotion period started
- The number of points doubled or tripled is determined from base points, and members earn five base points per dollar spent
- Bonus points will appear in your World of Hyatt account within two to three weeks
Earn double points for stays at the Park Hyatt Paris
Crunching The Numbers On Hyatt’s New Promo
World of Hyatt members ordinarily earn five base points per dollar spent at all brands. On top of that:
- Earning double points would equate to an extra five points per dollar, and earning triple points would equate to an extra 10 points per dollar
- Elite members receive further bonuses — Discoverists earn an extra 0.5 points per dollar, Explorists earn an extra 1.0 points per dollar, and Globalists earn an extra 1.5 points per dollar
- If you pay with The World of Hyatt Credit Card you earn an extra four World of Hyatt points per dollar spent
In other words, during this promotion a Globalist member paying with Hyatt’s credit card would be earning 20.5 World of Hyatt points per dollar spent at Hyatt Place properties, and 15.5 points per dollar spent at non-Hyatt Place properties. That’s a solid return.
For what it’s worth, I value World of Hyatt points at ~1.5 cents each.
Earn triple points for stays at Hyatt Place properties
Combine This With Other Hyatt Promos
While this is Hyatt’s big upcoming global promotion, note that you can combine this promotion with many other promos that Hyatt has been offering, including:
- Through September 30 you can earn 500 bonus points per booking made through Hyatt’s app
- Through November 23 you can earn double elite nights for stays at Hyatt Ziva and Hyatt Zilara
- On an ongoing basis you can earn 500 bonus points when you stay at a new Hyatt hotel
- On an ongoing basis you can earn a free Category 1-4 free night when you stay at five new Hyatt brands
There are rewards for staying at new brands, like Alila
Other Ways To Earn World Of Hyatt Points
If you’re looking to earn World of Hyatt points beyond stays, the good news is that points are pretty easy to come by.
See this post for everything you need to know about earning Hyatt points with credit cards.
There are lots of great ways to earn World of Hyatt points
Hyatt Bonus Journeys Promo Summary
World of Hyatt’s new global promotion is a good one. Unfortunately in general Hyatt isn’t as generous with Hilton when it comes to the promotions they offer and how long they’re valid for, so it’s nice to see something from Hyatt again on this scale.
I’d say this is one of the best promotions we’ve seen from them in quite a while as well. I don’t love that the promo only starts with the second stay, but that does seem to be a fairly frequent promotion restriction.
What do you make of Hyatt’s new Bonus Journeys promotion?