While registration opened a couple of weeks back, this is a reminder that World of Hyatt’s excellent new promotion is valid for stays as of today. This is an offer to get excited about, in my opinion, as it’s quite generous. Keep in mind that this complements World of Hyatt reducing elite requirements by half for 2021, meaning you can earn Globalist status with just 30 elite qualifying nights.
World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys promotion
The new World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys promotion is valid for stays between July 20 and September 15, 2021. With this promotion, World of Hyatt members can earn triple points on all stays of two or more nights.
There are some more things to be aware of with the Hyatt Bonus Journeys promotion:
- Registration is required
- The promotion is valid for stays at all Hyatt properties, participating MGM Resorts, Small Luxury Hotels of the World locations, and Lindblad Expeditions
- Any stay booked directly with Hyatt qualifies towards the promotion
- Previously booked stays qualify, so it’s fine if you book before the promotion period started, as long as you register prior to check-out of your first stay
- You can earn a maximum of 120,000 World of Hyatt bonus points with the promotion, which equates to $12,000 of eligible spending
Crunching the numbers on Hyatt’s promotion
World of Hyatt’s new promotion is in line with the best promotions we’ve seen from the program. For context, I value World of Hyatt points at ~1.5 cents each. How does the math work out on this promotion?
- World of Hyatt members earn 5x points per dollar spent at Hyatts and other eligible properties
- Elite members receive further bonuses — Discoverists earn an extra 0.5x points per dollar spent, Explorists earn an extra 1.0x points per dollar spent, and Globalists earn an extra 1.5x points per dollar spent
- If you pay with the World of Hyatt Credit Card (review) or World of Hyatt Business Credit Card (review) you earn an extra 4x points per dollar spent
- With this promotion, World of Hyatt members earn up to 10x bonus points per dollar spent
In other words, a World of Hyatt Globalist member paying with the World of Hyatt Card for a stay of two or more nights would earn a total of 20.5x World of Hyatt points, and based on my valuation that’s like a return of ~31% on Hyatt spending. That’s excellent.
Other World of Hyatt offers to take advantage of
In addition to the new Hyatt Bonus Journeys promotion, keep in mind the other ongoing offers from World of Hyatt:
- You can earn 500 bonus points when you stay at a new Hyatt hotel
- You can earn a free Category 1-4 free night when you stay at new Hyatt brands with the Brand Explorer promotion
- American AAdvantage and World of Hyatt have a partnership, allowing elite AAdvantage members to earn bonus American miles for Hyatt stays; through July 31, 2021, there’s even a promotion offering up to 1,000 bonus miles per night with Hyatt
- You can maximize value with Hyatt stays by booking through the Hyatt Privé program
- There’s currently an award discount for select brands, offering up to 25% of your points back
Other ways to earn World of Hyatt points
If you’re looking to earn more World of Hyatt points, the good news is that Hyatt points are pretty easy to come by.
- Earn 4x Points at Hyatt Properties
- Free Night Every Year
- Complimentary Discoverist Status
- 5x total points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 3x points on dining
- 2x points on travel purchases
- 3x points on Travel after the $300 Annual Travel Credit
- 3x points on Dining
- $300 Travel Credit
- Earn 3x points on travel
- Earn 3x points on shipping purchases
- Cell Phone Protection
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases
- Car Rental Coverage
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Earn 5% Cash Back at office supply stores
- Earn 5% Cash Back on internet, cable TV, mobile phones, and landlines
- Car Rental Coverage
- Earn 3% Cash Back on Dining
- Earn 3% Cash Back at Drugstores
- Earn 1.5% Cash Back On All Other Purchases
- Earn 3% Cash Back on Dining, Takeout and Eligible Delivery Services
- Earn 5% Cash Back at Grocery Stores (excluding Target®, Walmart®)
- Earn 5% Cash Back with Select Streaming Services
World of Hyatt has just launched its newest global Bonus Journeys promotion. World of Hyatt members are able to earn triple points on stays of two or more nights this summer, which has the potential to be an excellent deal.
World of Hyatt Globalist members paying with the World of Hyatt Card are able to earn up to 20.5x World of Hyatt points per dollar spent, which I value at a 31% return. I’m thrilled to see a truly lucrative summer promotion from World of Hyatt, because I wasn’t necessarily convinced that would happen due to the amount of leisure travel demand we’re seeing.
What do you make of the new World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys promotion?