World of Hyatt has just announced the details of their next global promotion, called “Bonus Journeys.” This is very similar to the promotion that Hyatt offered last spring, and not that different to the promotion they offered last fall either.
Earn Double Points + Up To 1,500 Bonus Points Per Stay With New Hyatt Promo
With World of Hyatt’s new Bonus Journeys promotion, you can earn bonus points for stays at over 1,000 participating locations worldwide, starting with your second stay during the promotion period:
- Earn double points on stays, including at 875 Hyatt hotels across 17 brands, 10+ participating MGM properties, 300+ Small Luxury Hotels of the World properties, and 300+ Lindblad Expedition experiences
- Earn 1,500 bonus points for each qualifying weekend stay that includes a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, if you have a Hyatt credit card, including the World Of Hyatt Credit Card (review)
Once again, you only start earning bonus points with this promotion starting with your second stay. With your first stay you’ll earn points as usual.
In order to take advantage of this promotion, you need to:
- Register between February 10 and March 31, 2020
- Stay between February 15 and May 15, 2020 (this is based on your checkout date)
There are some further terms to be aware of:
- You can earn a maximum of 200,000 bonus points during the promotion period; this includes a maximum of 100,000 bonus points from the double points promotion, and a maximum of 100,000 bonus points for the weekend promotion for cardmembers
- Previously booked stays qualify, so it’s fine if you booked before the promotion period started
- The number of points doubled is determined from base points, and members earn five base points per dollar spent
- All stays booked directly with Hyatt are qualifying, including free night awards; for a free night award you wouldn’t be earning double points on the room rate (since the room rate is zero), but you could earn 1,500 bonus points per stay over the weekend if you have Hyatt’s credit card
- Bonus points will appear in your World of Hyatt account within two to three weeks
Earn double points for stays at the Park Hyatt Paris
Crunching The Numbers On Hyatt’s New Promo
World of Hyatt members ordinarily earn five base points per dollar spent at all brands. On top of that:
- Earning double points would equate to an extra five points per dollar
- Elite members receive further bonuses — Discoverists earn an extra 0.5 points per dollar, Explorists earn an extra 1.0 points per dollar, and Globalists earn an extra 1.5 points per dollar
- If you pay with the World of Hyatt Credit Card you earn an extra four World of Hyatt points per dollar spent
In other words, during this promotion a Globalist member paying with Hyatt’s credit card would be earning 15.5 World of Hyatt points per dollar spent, starting with the second stay. That doesn’t include up to 1,500 bonus points per weekend stay. That’s a solid return.
For what it’s worth, I value World of Hyatt points at ~1.5 cents each. That means:
- 15.5 World of Hyatt points per dollar spent equate to a 23.25% return on Hyatt spending
- 1,500 bonus points per weekend stay equates to $22.50 of value
Combine This With Other Hyatt Promos
While this is Hyatt’s big upcoming global promotion, note that you can combine this promotion with many other promos that Hyatt has been offering, including:
- On an ongoing basis you can earn 500 bonus points when you stay at a new Hyatt hotel
- On an ongoing basis you can earn a free Category 1-4 free night when you stay at five new Hyatt brands
- American AAdvantage and World of Hyatt have a partnership, allowing you to earn bonus American miles for Hyatt stays
There are rewards for staying at new brands, like Alila
Other Ways To Earn World Of Hyatt Points
If you’re looking to earn World of Hyatt points beyond stays, the good news is that points are pretty easy to come by.
See this post for everything you need to know about earning Hyatt points with credit cards.
There are lots of great ways to earn World of Hyatt points
Hyatt Bonus Journeys Promo Summary
World of Hyatt’s new global promotion is a good one. Unfortunately in general Hyatt isn’t as generous with Hilton when it comes to the promotions they offer and how long they’re valid for, so it’s nice to see something from Hyatt again on this scale.
Earning double points on stays starting with the second stay is a good promo, and the 100K points cap on earning double points shouldn’t be too restrictive for most, since that equates to $20,000 worth of spending.
What do you make of Hyatt’s new Bonus Journeys promotion?