There are several ways to earn World of Hyatt free night award certificates. In this post I wanted to talk about one of the often overlooked ways to earn Hyatt free nights, which is with World of Hyatt’s ongoing Brand Explorer promotion. This offers World of Hyatt members the opportunity to earn free night certificates for exploring Hyatt’s portfolio.
Hyatt’s Brand Explorer offer
With World of Hyatt’s Brand Explorer promotion, you can earn a Category 1-4 free night certificate for every five unique Hyatt brands you stay at:
- As of now Hyatt has 18 brands, meaning you can earn up to three free night certificates (which you’d get for staying at 15 brands)
- There’s no registration required, and any qualifying stay (paid or award) that’s tied to your World of Hyatt account will count towards this
- This isn’t in any way tied to the calendar year or typical membership year, but rather you can earn these free night certificates for stays over several years if you’d like; for example, if you stay at one new Hyatt brand every year, you’d get a free night certificate after five years
- The free night certificate is valid for 180 days from when it’s issued, and you need to complete your stay by that date, rather than just having to book by then
What are Hyatt’s brands?
Hyatt currently has 18 brands, which are as follows:
- Destination by Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt Centric
- Hyatt House
- Hyatt Place
- Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Residence Club
- Hyatt Zilara
- Hyatt Ziva
- Joie de Vivre
- Park Hyatt
- Unbound Collection
How can you track how many Hyatt brands you’ve stayed at?
You can see how many Hyatt brands you’ve stayed at either through the World of Hyatt website or mobile app. Just go to the “Brand Explorer” section, and there will be a display showing how many unique brands you’ve stayed at (including which ones), and also how many free night certificates you’ve earned.
This is a fun way for Hyatt to engage members
This promotion is a fun way for World of Hyatt to engage members and try to get them to try more brands. I can’t say the Brand Explorer promotion has ever directly impacted where I’ve decided to stay, but I do love checking this dashboard every so often, and it reminds me of the Hyatt brands I haven’t stayed at.
Looking at the Hyatt brands I haven’t stayed at:
- I’ve been wanting to stay at a Miraval, so that’s the most obvious brand I haven’t stayed at
- I’m kind of surprised I’ve never stayed at a Hyatt House; I believe this brand is kind of like Hyatt Place except each room has a kitchen?
- While Hyatt’s all-inclusive brands (Ziva and Zilara) look pretty good for what they are (especially compared to Marriott’s all-inclusive initiative), in general that doesn’t interest me much
- I’m guessing I’ll knock out a stay at a Joie de Vivre in the not-too-distant future; this is a brand that Hyatt acquired as part of the Two Roads Hospitality takeover
- Destination by Hyatt is probably the Hyatt brand I know least about, and I can’t say that any of the properties have ever tempted me, though I’d love to know if there are any I should check out
- I’m sure I’ll stay at a Hyatt Residence Club eventually, though it’s also not a brand I’d necessarily seek out
- UrCove is a new Hyatt brand in China, so it’s unlikely I’ll stay at one of those hotels anytime soon
With World of Hyatt’s ongoing Brand Explorer promotion, you can earn a free Category 1-4 free night certificate for every five Hyatt brands you stay at. This is a way to earn up to three free nights over time, based on Hyatt’s current portfolio (if Hyatt adds two more brands, then you could earn four).
Given how easy Hyatt makes it to track this, I’m curious — how many Hyatt brands have you stayed at? Has anyone stayed at 15+, and earned three free nights? Has this promotion ever impacted where you’ve chosen to stay?