Capital One’s network of airport lounges is expanding even further, with the opening of the new Capital One Lounge Denver (DEN). This mark the third location in Capital One’s lounge collection, complementing the Capital One Lounge Dallas (DFW) and Capital One Lounge Washington Dulles (IAD). Let’s go over all the details.
In this post:
Basics of the Capital One Lounge Denver
The Capital One Lounge Denver Airport has opened as of Friday, November 3, 2024. The 10,800 square foot lounge is located in Concourse A, near gate 34, on the Mezzanine level (one level above the concourse). All concourses at Denver Airport are connected airside, so passengers departing from all parts of the airport are able to visit the lounge.
The lounge will be open daily from 5AM until 9PM. However, during the soft opening (from November 3-12, 2023), the lounge is open from 9AM until 7PM.
What amenities should we expect from the Capital One Lounge Denver?
- A local food and beverage selection, including in-lounge meals served and plated as small bites
- A selection of grab & go food, including jarred salads, granola bowls, and fresh juices
- An impressive coffee election, with drip coffee from Unravel Coffee Merchants and lattes and cold brew on tap from La Colombe
- A selection of beer on tap from local Colorado breweries
- Three relaxation rooms with dim lighting and ceilings meant to look like the Colorado night sky
- Six private, all-gender restrooms, and two private shower suites
- Three private work rooms (which can be reserved) plus two phone booths (available on a first come, first served basis)
- A luggage storage area
Below you can find some pictures of the lounge, shared by Capital One.
Capital One Lounge Denver entry requirements
Capital One Lounges can be accessed by the following people:
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card (review) (Rates & Fees) and Capital One Venture X Business (review) (Rates & Fees) cardmembers can get unlimited access to Capital One Lounges, and can bring two guests with them for free, and can bring additional guests with them for $45 each; keep in mind that authorized users can be added to the card for free, and on the personal version of the card they get the same lounge access perks
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card (review) (Rates & Fees) and Capital One Spark Miles for Business (review) (Rates & Fees) cardmembers receive two complimentary visits annually, with no complimentary guesting privileges (the passes could be used by the primary cardmember or authorized users, and can also be used for a guest who is present, meaning you could use two passes for you and a guest); additional guests, as well as additional visits, cost $45 each
- Kids under two can enter Capital One Lounges for free
- All others can enter Capital One Lounges for $65 per visit
- Even though Capital One Lounges are operated in partnership with Plaza Premium Group, there’s no access through other credit cards or lounge membership programs
Getting the Capital One Venture X Card for lounge access can be totally worth it. The card has a $395 annual fee, but offers a $300 annual travel credit and 10K bonus anniversary miles every year, so having the card should cost you very little if you’re going about it right. Furthermore, you’ll be able to add four authorized users to the card at no extra cost, and they’ll receive the same lounge access perks. That makes this the ideal card for families.
The Capital One Lounge Denver looks great!
I’m sure I’m not alone in being thrilled to see Capital One finally growing its lounge network. When the Capital One Lounge DFW opened in late 2021, it really set the new standard for credit card lounges in the United States. Now we’ve seen two additional lounges open in recent months.
Capital One Lounges are my favorite credit card lounges, as I love all the thoughtful touches, like the great coffee, the grab & go food, and more. I also love how this lounge has proper workstations, which I feel like is an amenity that’s lacking in all too many lounges.
This should be the best lounge at Denver Airport, as the only other real competitive lounge is the Amex Centurion Lounge. While the airport also has some improved United Clubs, the food and drink selection, plus amenities, can’t compete with the Capital One Lounge.
The Capital One Lounge Denver is now open, and looks fantastic! I’m thrilled to see this lounge finally opening, given how long we’ve been waiting for this. This lounge should be a treat for guests, between the great in-lounge food and drinks, the grab & go food, and the generally nice design. I’m excited to check out this lounge soon!
What do you make of the new Capital One Lounge Denver?