If you’ve been reading this blog for any amount of time you probably know that Alaska Mileage Plan hasn’t had access to Emirates first class award space for a while now.
Basically, Alaska wasn’t showing any Emirates first class award space for travel after March 28, 2015, and that date has finally passed. Here are the previous posts on the subject, for those of you not up to date:
- Alaska Blocking Emirates Award Space?
- Are Emirates First Class Redemptions Using Alaska Miles Going Away?
- Official Statement From Alaska Regarding Emirates Award Availability
- Update Regarding Emirates Awards Using Alaska Miles
Alaska miles can be redeemed for Emirates first class again!
Well, I have some great news — Emirates first class awards using Alaska miles are back once again!
As a reminder, Alaska’s one-way redemption rates for travel in Emirates first class are as follows:
- US to Middle East (via Dubai): 90,000 miles
- US to Europe (via Dubai): 100,000 miles
- US to Asia (via Dubai): 100,000 miles
- US to Africa (via Dubai): 100,000 miles
Given that Alaska allows stopovers even on one-way awards, this means you could have a stopover in Dubai enroute to your final destination.
- Award availability is the best out of Dallas, Houston, and San Francisco
- In many cases, Alaska only has access to one fewer first class award seat than Emirates makes available to their own members
- You can search Emirates award space through ExpertFlyer, or through Alaska’s website for travel to/from the US
I love Emirates first class, so couldn’t be happier about first class awards returning through Alaska Mileage Plan. Once you’ve flown Emirates’ A380 first class and showered on a plane, it’s tough to fly any other way (well, maybe aside from Etihad’s A380).
Who is ready to book some Emirates A380 first class awards? 🙂
(Tip of the hat to Ivo)