Link: Apply now for the Alaska Airlines Visa® Business card
We’ve just seen a new welcome offer introduced on the Alaska Airlines Business Visa Card, making it a great time to pick up this card.
In this post:
Alaska Business Visa Card improved bonus
The Alaska Business Visa Card is offering the following bonus after spending $3,000 within the first 90 days of account opening:
- 50,000 Alaska Mileage Plan miles
- An Alaska companion fare from $122 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from $23)
Personally, I value Alaska miles at 1.5 cents each, given the uses of Alaska Mileage Plan miles. That means the miles alone are worth $750 to me. That doesn’t even account for the value of the Alaska companion fare.
Alaska Business Visa card eligibility
- Among business cards, anecdotally, I find Bank of America business cards to be quite easy to get approved for, assuming you have excellent credit
- Anecdotally it seems that you’re eligible for the Alaska Business Visa (including the bonus) even if you’ve had it in the past; this is one of the best cards out there in that regard
- Applying for a Bank of America business card typically won’t count toward the 5/24 limit with Chase, if that’s a consideration
Business cards don’t get much better than this in terms of approval odds and bonus eligibility.
Why the Alaska Business Visa Card is worth it
Beyond the bonus, there are several reasons to get the Alaska Business Visa Card. The card has a $70 annual fee for the company, plus a $25 fee for the card, meaning one user having the card would just cost $95 annually.
The card offers lots of amazing perks, including:
- A companion fare from $122 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from $23) on your account anniversary every year after spending $6,000 on the card in the prior anniversary year; this is in addition to the companion fare offered as part of the bonus
- 3x Mileage Plan miles on Alaska Airlines purchases, 2x Mileage Plan miles on gas, EV charging stations, local transit (including ride share), and shipping, and 1x Mileage Plan miles on all other purchases, all with no foreign transaction fees
- A 10% rewards bonus on all miles earned from purchases if your company has an eligible Bank of America account
- A first checked bag free on Alaska Airlines flights for the card member and up to six companions on the same reservation when paying with the card; this also applies to authorized users, as long as the card is used to pay for the ticket, even when not traveling with the primary card member
- Priority boarding on Alaska Airlines flights for the card member and up to six companions on the same reservation when paying with the card; this also applies to authorized users, as long as the card is used to pay for the ticket, even when not traveling with the primary card member
- 20% savings on inflight purchases of food, drinks, and Wi-Fi, when paying with your card
- $100 off an Alaska Lounge+ membership annually when you purchase the membership with your card
If you fly Alaska Airlines with any frequency, then this card should be in your wallet.
Looking for a personal credit card?
If you want an Alaska Airlines credit card but don’t want to apply for a business credit card, there’s good news. The Alaska Airlines Visa® credit card (review) is offering the following limited time bonus after spending just $3,000 within the first 90 days of account opening:
- 70,000 Alaska Mileage Plan miles
- An Alaska companion fare from $122 ($0 fare plus taxes and fees from $23)
This $95 annual fee card has largely overlapping perks, including a free checked bag on Alaska Airlines for you and up to six guests on the same reservation, 20% back on Alaska Airlines inflight purchases, 3x Mileage Plan miles on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases, and more.
The Alaska Business Visa Card is offering a solid bonus of 50,000 Mileage Plan miles plus a companion fare upon completing minimum spending. If you’ve been considering this card, this would be a good time to apply. The Alaska Airlines Visa Card is also offering an excellent bonus, for those looking for a personal credit card (either in addition to or in place of a business card).
Do you plan on picking up the Alaska Business Visa Card with this bonus?