In the interest of full disclosure, One Mile At A Time earns a referral bonus for anyone that’s approved through some of the below links. These are the best publicly available offers that we have found for each card. Please check out our advertiser policy for further details about the partners we work with. Thanks for your support!
Singapore Airlines is launching some really exciting routes later this year:
- As of October 11, 2018, Singapore Airlines will launch nonstop flights between Singapore and Newark
- As of November 2, 2018, Singapore Airlines will launch nonstop flights between Singapore and Los Angeles
- As of December 7, 2018, Singapore Airlines will add an additional three weekly flights between Singapore and San Francisco
It will be very interesting to see how Singapore Airlines does with these flights, given how few seats these planes have. Singapore Airlines will use A350-900ULRs for the routes, featuring just 161 seats, including 67 business class seats (in a 1-2-1 configuration) and 94 premium economy seats (in a 2-4-2 configuration).
Singapore Airlines business class
Anyway, Singapore Airlines offers what they call “KrisFlyer Spontaneous Escapes,” which are limited time discounts on award tickets in select markets.
At the moment, Singapore Airlines is discounting awards on their new routes. This promotion is valid for bookings made by September 30, 2018, and for travel through November 30, 2018. Specifically:
- Singapore to Newark is bookable for just 40,000 miles in premium economy (rather than 70,000 miles)
- Singapore to Los Angeles/San Francisco is bookable for just 38,000 miles in premium economy (rather than 65,000 miles)
- Singapore to Los Angeles/San Francisco is bookable for just 65,000 miles in business class (rather than 88,000 miles)
All flights that have saver level award seats should be bookable at those costs, assuming they otherwise meet the terms. While the price shown will initially be the regular cost, once you select a flight it will reflect the discounted price.
In general, premium economy availability from Singapore to Newark is excellent, while the business class award availability to Los Angeles and San Francisco is more limited.
This is an incredible opportunity to score a deal on an award ticket. Keep in mind that Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer is transfer partners with Amex Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, and Citi ThankYou, so there are lots of easy ways to earn miles with them.
Does anyone plan on booking one of these great award values?
(Tip of the hat to God Save the Points)