Singapore Airlines offers its KrisFlyer Spontaneous Escapes promo, whereby you can get significant savings on award tickets in select regions. This is a fantastic opportunity to save on award flights on one of the world’s best airlines.
There are several opportunities to save miles on tickets in economy, premium economy, and business class. The list this month is pretty good, including a business class option to the United States, so let’s take a look at the details.
In this post:
Book discounted Singapore Airlines awards
Singapore Airlines’ KrisFlyer program offers monthly “Spontaneous Escapes” deals, where there’s a list of flights that can be booked at a discount when redeeming miles.
Presumably Singapore Airlines is primarily discounting flights that aren’t anticipated to be full, and where there’s a lot of award availability. This can be a really useful promotion. One major restriction to note is that Spontaneous Escapes awards can’t be changed or canceled once booked (they don’t follow standard KrisFlyer policies), so you’ll only want to ticket these if you’re positive you’re traveling.
KrisFlyer has just published its latest Spontaneous Escapes list, which has a good number of destinations on it, all for travel on Singapore Airlines. This is valid for bookings through November 30, 2023, and for travel between December 1 and December 31, 2023.
I’d recommend checking out the full list, but just to give you a sense of some of the discounted awards that are available (pricing is one-way):
- Singapore to Jakarta, Medan, and Surabaya, is available for 14,700 miles in business class
- Singapore to Cebu, Ho Chi Minh City, Manila, and Yangon, is available for 16,800 miles in business class
- Singapore to Darwin is available for 28,350 miles in business class
- Singapore to Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Dhaka, Hyderabad, Kathmandu, Kochi, Male, and Mumbai, is available for 30,100 miles in business class
- Singapore to Adelaide, Melbourne, and Sydney, is available for 47,950 miles in business class
- Frankfurt to New York is available for 56,700 miles in business class
- Singapore to Frankfurt, Munich, and Zurich, is available for 72,450 miles in business class
- Frankfurt to New York is available for 36,400 miles in premium economy
- Tokyo Narita to Los Angeles is available for 51,100 miles in premium economy
The restrictions for taking advantage of the offers vary by destination. Some destinations are restricted to specific flight numbers, and others are restricted to specific dates, but there’s great value to be had across the board.
How to earn Singapore KrisFlyer miles
If you’re interested in booking one of these flights but don’t have KrisFlyer miles, the good news is that Singapore KrisFlyer is transfer partners with Amex Membership Rewards, Capital One, Chase Ultimate Rewards, and Citi ThankYou, so there are lots of easy ways to earn points that can be redeemed for these flights.
- 5x total points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 3x points on dining
- 2x points on travel purchases
- 3x points on Travel after the $300 Annual Travel Credit
- 3x points on Dining
- $300 Travel Credit
Singapore Airlines makes most premium cabin award space available exclusively to members of its own KrisFlyer program, so many of these are flights that you couldn’t book with partner airline miles. However, some partners, including Air Canada Aeroplan, do increasingly have access to some long haul Singapore Airlines premium award space.
Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer has published its latest Spontaneous Escapes promotion. With this new list, you can save on business class, premium economy, and economy award redemptions. There are some good deals to be had, and it’s particularly cool that we’re seeing a business class option for North America travel.
Are there any KrisFlyer Spontaneous Escapes awards that you plan to take advantage of?