Update: This offer for American Express® Gold Card has expired. Learn more about the current offers here.
At the beginning of October I fell under the 5/24 limit, which is one of Chase’s rules where they typically won’t approve you for a card if you’ve opened five or more new card accounts in the past 24 months.
On October 1 I applied for the Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card, which is the credit card I’ve been wanting to get more than any other, given that the card offers:
- A welcome bonus of 80,000 Ultimate Rewards points after spending $5,000 within three months
- 3x points in some useful categories
- An incredible cell phone protection plan that I’ll get value out of
My application was approved within a few days, and I’m thrilled to be spending money on the card now.
My next move: applying for the Ink Business Unlimited
This no annual fee card has a welcome bonus of 50,000 points after spending $3,000 within three months (it’s marketed as $500, but in reality that can be converted into 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points), and offers 1.5x points on all purchases, so will be one of my go-to cards for business spend (more details here).
I decided to apply for the card yesterday, November 5, 2018. Why?
- While there are mixed data points as to this, it can make sense to wait 30 days between Chase business credit card applications
- I wanted to leave a bit of a further buffer, since I applied for the Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card on October 1, but only got approved a couple of days later, which is why I waited a few days into November before applying
So, how did my Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card application go? As expected (and as always happens for me with Chase business cards), I got the “thank you for your request” message. So I’ll give it a couple of days and see if the card gets approved or not, but I see no reason it wouldn’t be approved.
Once my approval comes through…
Once my approval for the Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card comes through, my next step is to apply for both of the following cards (probably on the same day, since you can get approved for an Amex charge card and Amex credit card the same day):
- I really want to get the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, which has a $450 annual fee, and offers Honors Diamond status for as long as you have the card, an annual free weekend night reward, a $250 Hilton resort credit every cardmember year, and a $250 airline fee credit every calendar year
- I then want the American Express® Gold Card, which offers 4x points at U.S. restaurants, and 4x points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 of spend per year), plus a $120 annual dining credit and $100 annual airline fee credit
I’m hoping that the Ink Unlimited approval comes through shortly, because I have a stay at a Hilton in a few days, and Diamond status sure would be nice (Diamond status seems to post within a couple of days of when you’re approved for the card). But I’m not holding my breath on that.
I’m so happy to be building my credit card portfolio again, starting with the Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card last month, and hopefully the Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card this month (once I get approved). Having the Chase business credit card “trifecta” is pretty exciting.
I’m equally excited to have all the Chase cards that I want, and to be able to get some of the other cards that have been on my radar.