United AirlinesThe latest United Airlines news, reviews, and strategies to maximize travel status. Earn more miles, points, and rewards with One Mile at a Time.
United Airlines Reviews
- How To Access United Airlines Clubs (2021)
- New Air Canada Aeroplan & Air Dolomiti Partnership
- How Long Do Chase Ultimate Rewards Points Transfers Take? (2021)
- United Airlines MileagePlus Program – A Complete Guide (2021)
- Oneworld Emerald: My Favorite Airline Alliance Status
- New: Earn & Redeem Air Canada Aeroplan Miles On Azul
United Airlines quick facts
United Airlines flies to 355 different cities across the world, including 234 destinations in the United States. Their route network is bolstered by their many Star Alliance partners that can take you to nearly every corner of the globe.
Understanding the United MileagePlus loyalty program
United MileagePlus offers a number of benefits, whether you fly just a few times a year or fly constantly for work and are approaching Global Services level. While the following list is by no means exhaustive, here are a few of the biggest perks to your United MileagePlus membership:
- No fuel surcharges on award flights — United is unique among frequent flyer programs in that you never need to pay fuel surcharges when redeeming award flights. This can end up saving you hundreds compared to using other programs, especially when redeeming for long-haul business and first class flights. Speaking of which…
- Great last-minute availability to Europe — United’s Star Alliance partners Lufthansa and Swiss Airlines consistently release award space in the last few weeks before a flight, even in business class.
- Stopovers on roundtrip awards — Visit two cities within the same region on your trip, without spending any extra miles.
- For the very frequent flyers: excellent upgrade availability — For flyers who earn United Platinum or 1K Status, United has PlusPoints Upgrade space, even on extremely competitive routes like those between the US and Australia.
The latest in United Airlines News
- June 16, 2021
- Ben Schlappig
United offers several credit cards, and points may be transferred from Chase Ultimate Rewards as well.
- You can earn the welcome bonuses on two separate cards; for example you could get the United Club card and the United Explorer personal card.
- Business cards are different “card products” than their personal counterpart, so you could even get the welcome bonuses on both the United Explorer personal card and the United Explorer business card
- These cards are subject to Chase’s 5/24 rule, so if you’ve opened 5 new credit cards in the last 24 months, you may not be approved
- 3x miles on United
- 2x miles on dining
- Free first and second checked bags
- Earn 2x miles on United purchases
- Annual Travel Credit
- Anniversary Bonus Miles
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Earn 3x MileagePlus miles on grocery stores
- Earn 2x MileagePlus miles on United purchases
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Earn 4x miles on United purchases
- United Club℠ Access
- Earn PQPs Towards Status
I’ve flown all of the major (and many minor) airlines, including every international first class cabin.
I write all my own content; no ghostwriters at OMAAT!
14 years (and counting) of daily blogging add up.