While not directly travel related, Starbucks is a brand that I largely associate with being on the road. That’s because I rarely visit Starbucks while at home, but I visit all the time while traveling. I don’t go to Starbucks because their coffee is the best in the world, but rather because they’re predictable, because they’re typically open early, and because their stores are usually good places to work from, with reliable internet.
Starbucks is overpriced, though fortunately they have promos that will often save you money on purchases with them, and we’re just seeing one of those right now.
Starbucks has a promotion where if you buy a $10+ Starbucks eGift card using a Mastercard (either via the website or app), you’ll get a $10 Starbucks eGift card for free.
There are some terms associated with this offer that are worth being aware of:
- Starbucks will give away up to 56,250 promotional gift cards between December 17 and December 22, 2019
- You must purchase a gift card using a Mastercard
- Limit one promotional gift card per person (you must use a unique email address and a unique Mastercard account number when you purchase the gift card)
- Promotion open to residents of the 50 United States and DC
- You’ll receive an email after your purchase with the free $10 eGift card (though the terms don’t state within what timeframe)
- You are not guaranteed to receive a promotional gift card, and there’s no way to know in advance if you’ll receive it
There is some risk associated with this promotion, in the sense that you’re not guaranteed to be among the first 56,250 people. I would guess that if the limit is reached they’ll eventually take down the promotion page, though there may be some lag.
That being said, personally at this point I’d feel pretty comfortable assuming I’m within the eligible group.
This is an easy promotion that I plan on taking advantage of, and hopefully others can benefit from it as well.