While not directly travel related, Starbucks is a brand that I largely associate with being on the road. That’s because I rarely visit Starbucks while at home, but I visit all the time while traveling. I don’t go to Starbucks because the coffee is the best in the world, but rather because Starbucks is reliable, open early, etc.
Starbucks is overpriced, though fortunately there are often promos that can save you money on those purchases, including an offer that has just been introduced.
Get a $5 Starbucks bonus card
For Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Starbucks is offering a $5 bonus eGift Card when you purchase a $20+ Starbucks eGift Card. There are some terms associated with this offer that are worth being aware of:
- The offer is valid between November 26 and November 29, 2021, or until 100,000 promotional gift cards have been awarded, whichever comes first
- There’s no registration required to take advantage of this deal
- This offer is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, DC, and Canada
- Limit one promotional gift card per person (you must use a unique email address when you purchase the gift card)
- To take advantage of this offer, visit starbucks.com or the Starbucks app to purchase a minimum of a $20 eGift Card
- The promotional eGift Card will be emailed to you if you’re eligible, though there’s no way to know for sure in advance if you’ll be eligible (though I’d assume the promo page will be taken down at that point)
I took advantage of this promotion just now, and both the initial gift card and the bonus gift card arrived within an hour of completing the purchase.
Is this Starbucks promotion worth it?
While this isn’t the highest value promotion ever, it is an easy way to get a 25% bonus on a $20 Starbucks gift card. If you’d otherwise spend money with Starbucks, it seems like you might as well take advantage of this, as it’s easy free money you’d probably otherwise spend with the company.
At the moment you can receive a $5 bonus card when you purchase a $20+ electronic Starbucks gift card. If you make purchases at Starbucks with any frequency, then it makes sense to take advantage of this offer, in my opinion.
I constantly have a Starbucks gift card balance, and it’s always acquired through some sort of creative means that offers a discount (whether it’s a credit card promotion, a discount through Amazon, promotions directly from Starbucks, etc.).
Do you plan on taking advantage of this Starbucks deal?