Radisson Rewards has just revealed the details of its first global promotion of 2021, and it has the potential to be quite lucrative.
Radisson Rewards offering 5K bonus points per stay
Radisson Rewards’ new promotion is rather straightforward — between February 1 and April 30, 2021, you can earn double Radisson Rewards points on all stays.
In order to be eligible you need to:
- Register prior to checkout of your first eligible stay
- You can earn at most 100,000 bonus points, which corresponds to $5,000 worth of spending
- Eligible rates for the purposes of this promotion include paid stays booked directly, as well as award nights and Points + Cash redemption stays
- This offer is available at all Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson RED, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, and Country Inn & Suites by Radisson hotels worldwide
- Bonus points will post the same time as normal points, usually within five to 10 business days of an eligible stay
Crunching the numbers on this promo
Radisson Rewards ordinarily offers 20 base points per dollar spent, meaning that with this promotion you’re earning an extra 20 points per dollar spent.
On top of that there are Radisson Rewards elite bonuses, as follows:
- Silver members earn two bonus points per dollar spent
- Gold members earn five bonus points per dollar spent
- Platinum members earn 15 bonus points per dollar spent
That also doesn’t factor in credit card rewards, where you could earn up to an additional 10x Radisson Rewards points.
Personally I value Radisson Rewards points at ~0.3 cents each, so I’d consider the incremental 20x points per dollar spent to be worth an incremental 6% return.
Not factoring in credit card rewards, you’re looking at earning a minimum of 40x points per dollar spent at Radisson Rewards properties, and up to 55x points per dollar spent with status.
For reference, here’s Radisson Rewards’ award chart, when it comes time to redeem points:
Radisson Rewards promo summary
Radisson Rewards is offering double points for stays this winter and spring, which translates to an additional 20x points per dollar spent. This promotion probably isn’t a reason to switch any stays to Radisson. However, if you’re staying at a Radisson property anyway, it’s absolutely worth taking advantage of this, since the bonus kicks in starting with the first stay.
Do you plan on taking advantage of Radisson Rewards’ new promo?