The Radisson Rewards Americas loyalty program was introduced in June 2021, and is exclusively for Radisson-family properties in the Americas. Note that even though Choice Hotels has purchased Radisson Group Americas, for now the program is continuing to be run independently, and there’s no timeline for that changing. However, you can freely transfer points between the two programs.
Radisson Rewards Americas has just launched its spring 2023 promotion. It’s certainly worth registering for, and quite rewarding for short stays.
Earn 5K points per stay with Radisson Rewards Americas
With the new Radisson Rewards Americas promotion, members can earn 5,000 bonus points for every stay completed during the offer period. As you’d expect, there are some details to be aware of:
- The offer is valid for stays between April 4 and June 30, 2023
- You must register prior to check-out of your first eligible stay (it’s fine if you booked your stay prior to the start of the promotion)
- The offer is available at all 600+ Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson RED, Radisson Individuals, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, and Country Inn & Suites by Radisson hotels in the United States, Canada, Latin America, and the Caribbean
- You can earn up to 100,000 bonus points with this promotion (which you’d earn after completing 20 stays)
- Qualifying stays are those that are booked directly with Radisson at an eligible rate, which excludes award nights and Points + Cash redemptions
- Bonus points should post within five days of an eligible stay
How valuable is this Radisson Rewards Americas promotion?
Radisson Rewards Americas members ordinarily earn 20 base points per dollar spent. This doesn’t factor in any elite bonuses (up to 15 points per dollar spent for Platinums) or bonuses from credit card rewards. The 5,000 bonus points per night (up to 100,000 bonus points) would be in addition to that.
Personally I value Radisson Rewards points at ~0.3 cents each, meaning by my valuation you ordinarily earn a 6% return on Radisson spending, and then you get an incremental $15 back per stay with this promotion. While that’s pretty lucrative even if you’re making short stays of one or two nights at inexpensive properties, it’s less lucrative for longer stays at more expensive properties.
For context on what your points can get you, below is the Radisson Rewards Americas award chart.
Radisson Rewards Americas has launched its latest promotion, valid for stays this spring. With this offer, you can earn 5,000 bonus points per stay, which I value at an incremental $15 return per night. That’s on top of earning 20 points per dollar spent, not including elite bonuses and credit card rewards.
I still have a hard time getting excited about Radisson Rewards Americas in general, given the program’s limited footprint, having been split off from the rest of Radisson Rewards, while not being integrated into Choice Privileges. At least you can now transfer points between the two programs.
Do you plan on taking advantage of this Radisson Rewards Americas promotion?