Radisson Rewards has just announced the details of their next global promotion, which is valid for stays through the end of the year.
Radisson Rewards offering 5K bonus points per stay
Radisson Rewards’ new promotion is rather straightforward — between July 1 and December 31, 2020, you can earn 5,000 bonus points per stay.
In order to be eligible you need to:
- Register prior to checkout of your first eligible stay
- You can earn at most 150,000 bonus points, which corresponds to making 30 stays
- Eligible rates for the purposes of this promotion include paid stays booked directly, as well as award nights and Points + Cash redemption stays
- This offer is available at all Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson RED, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, and Country Inn & Suites by Radisson hotels worldwide
- Bonus points will post the same time as normal points, usually within five to 10 days of an eligible stay
Crunching the numbers on this promo
With this promo you earn 5,000 bonus points per stay, for up to 30 stays during the promotion period. That’s quite straightforward, and this promo kicks in with your first stay, so that’s great.
Personally I value Radisson Rewards points at ~0.3 cents each, so I’d consider the incremental 5,000 points to be worth ~$15. While that’s not a huge amount, it’s pretty solid for shorter stays at less expensive properties.
Also keep in mind that this promotion is in addition to the 20 base points per dollar spent that Radisson Rewards members usually earn. Then on top of that they can earn elite bonuses, which are as follows:
- Silver members earn two bonus points per dollar spent
- Gold members earn five bonus points per dollar spent
- Platinum members earn 15 bonus points per dollar spent
So in total members earn 20-35 points per dollar spent, which I value at an incremental 6-10.5% return, and that doesn’t even factor in credit card rewards.
For reference, here’s Radisson Rewards’ award chart, when it comes time to redeem points:
Radisson Rewards promo summary
Radisson is offering 5,000 bonus points per stay through the end of the year, for a total of up to 150,000 bonus points. This promotion is good for those who frequently make short stays, especially at inexpensive properties. Meanwhile it’s not nearly as rewarding for those who typically make longer or more expensive stays.
Do you plan on taking advantage of Radisson Rewards’ new promo?