Radisson Rewards has just announced the details of their first global promotion of 2020, allowing members to earn up to 150,000 bonus points.
Radisson Rewards offering up to 150K bonus points
With their first quarter 2020 promotion, Radisson Rewards is offering a tiered bonus for stays, allowing members to earn up to 150,000 bonus points.
With this promo you earn bonus points based on how many stays you make (and not how many nights you stay), as follows:
- Make two stays, earn 5,000 bonus points
- Make three stays, earn 15,000 bonus points
- Make five stays, earn 30,000 bonus points
- Make 10 stays, earn 75,000 bonus points
- Make 15 stays, earn 150,000 bonus points
In order to be eligible you need to:
- Register prior to checkout of your first eligible stay
- Stay between January 15 and March 31, 2020
- Eligible rates for the purposes of this promotion include paid stays booked directly, as well as award nights and Points + Cash redemption stays
- This offer is available at all Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson RED, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, and Country Inn & Suites by Radisson hotels worldwide
- Bonus points will post the same time as normal points, usually within five to 10 days of an eligible stay
Crunching the numbers on this promo
With this promo you can earn anywhere from 2,500 to 10,000 bonus points per stay in certain increments. That’s an excellent bonus for those who make short stays at inexpensive properties, while it’s not as good of a promotion for those who usually stay for a longer period of time at more expensive hotels.
This is all in addition to the 20 base points per dollar spent that Radisson Rewards members usually earn. Then on top of that they can earn elite bonuses, which are as follows:
- Silver members earn two bonus points per dollar spent
- Gold members earn five bonus points per dollar spent
- Platinum members earn 15 bonus points per dollar spent
So in total members earn 20-35 points per dollar spent, plus 2,500 to 10,000 points per stay.
Personally I value Radisson Rewards points at ~0.3 cents each, so I’d consider the incremental 2,500 to 10,000 points per stay to be worth ~$7.50-30.
For reference, here’s Radisson Rewards’ award chart, when it comes time to redeem points:
Radisson Rewards promo summary
Radisson is offering up to 150,000 bonus points for stays this quarter, which has the potential to add up. This promotion is good for those who frequently make short stays, especially at inexpensive properties. Meanwhile it’s not nearly as rewarding for those who typically make longer or more expensive stays.
Do you plan on taking advantage of Radisson Rewards’ first promo of 2020?