I’m a big fan of Lufthansa, though they sure don’t make it easy to keep track of which flights feature their new first and business class product. As of now they have the new first and business class product on select routes out of Munich and Frankfurt.
Lufthansa’s new business class product
And they also have a new first and business class tracker, whereby you can check within eight weeks of departure if your flight is scheduled to feature the new first or business class:
- Will your flight feature Lufthansa’s new first class?
- Will your flight feature Lufthansa’s new business class?
A lot of people don’t realize that Lufthansa operates two longhaul routes out of Dusseldorf, to Chicago and Newark. Historically these flights are quite easy to find business class award space on, given that most premium passengers are flying through Munich and Frankfurt given the number of connection opportunities. It’s worth noting that Lufthansa doesn’t sell first class on these routes, so it’s a two cabin service they offer.
Up until now those two routes have always featured the old business class product, though it appears as if that will be changing shortly:
- LH408/409 Dusseldorf to Newark will feature the new business class of April 19, 2014
- LH436/437 Dusseldorf to Chicago will feature the new business class of April 20, 2014
While Lufthansa’s new business class product isn’t amazing, it sure beats their old business class product.
Here are some previous posts I’ve written about Lufthansa’s new first and business class products:
- Which Flights Have Lufthansa’s New Business Class?
- Which of Lufthansa’s new first class cabins is the best?
- How predictable is Lufthansa first class award space?
- How to know whether your flight will feature the new first or business class cabins
- Lufthansa A380 business class retrofit schedule
(Tip of the hat to Lufthansa Flyer)