The Air France-KLM Flying Blue program has just published a new Promo Rewards list for December 2023, offering discounted short haul and long haul awards for travel over the coming months.
There are several transatlantic destinations bookable with this promotion, including in economy, premium economy, and business class. Let’s take a look at the details.
In this post:
What are Flying Blue Promo Rewards?
I’m a big fan of the Air France-KLM Flying Blue program, especially for long haul premium cabin redemptions. Not only does Flying Blue largely have attractive award pricing for business class travel, but the program also has access to more Air France and KLM award space than other programs.
The Promo Rewards offer is published every month by the Flying Blue program, and offers 25% discounts off select awards for travel on Air France and KLM. The Flying Blue program has dynamic award pricing, and this promotion specifically applies for the lowest, saver level award costs.
New Flying Blue Promo Rewards now live
Flying Blue has published its December 2023 Promo Rewards, valid for bookings between December 1 and December 31, 2023. Most of these Promo Rewards have long travel windows, and can be used for flights all the way through May 31, 2024.
As a reminder, Flying Blue has standardized saver award pricing, so ordinarily you’ll pay the following amounts for one-way transatlantic awards between Europe and most of North America:
- One-way economy awards cost 20,000 miles
- One-way premium economy awards cost 35,000 miles
- One-way business awards cost 50,000 miles
Here are the awards that are available with the Promo Rewards list this month for travel between Europe and North America, along with the pricing:
- Save 25% on Air France economy awards between Europe and Vancouver (YVR) — starting at 15,000 miles
- Save 25% on Air France premium economy awards between Europe and Ottawa (YOW) — starting at 26,250 miles
- Save 25% on KLM economy awards between Europe and Boston (BOS) — starting at 15,000 miles
- Save 25% on KLM economy awards between Europe and Montreal (YUL) — starting at 15,000 miles
- Save 25% on KLM economy awards between Europe and Washington (IAD) — starting at 15,000 miles
- Save 25% on KLM premium economy awards between Europe and Mexico City (MEX) — starting at 26,250 miles
- Save 25% on KLM business awards between Europe and Toronto (YYZ) — starting at 37,500 miles
All of the lowest priced awards in the above markets through May 31, 2024, should be bookable with the Promo Rewards pricing. You can use all of these awards for travel to and from destinations across Europe, so you can travel beyond Amsterdam and Paris.
Also keep in mind that children ages two to 12 receive 25% off Flying Blue award tickets, including Promo Rewards.
Earning Flying Blue miles is easy
One of the things that’s awesome about the Flying Blue program is how easy it is to rack up miles:
- Flying Blue is transfer partners with Amex Membership Rewards, Capital One, Chase Ultimate Rewards, and Citi ThankYou, meaning you can transfer points earned from a variety of cards
- Flying Blue sells miles directly, often at an attractive cost
- Flying Blue has a co-branded credit card in the United States
- 5x total points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 3x points on dining
- 2x points on travel purchases
- 3x points on Travel after the $300 Annual Travel Credit
- 3x points on Dining
- $300 Travel Credit
- Earn 3x points on travel
- Earn 3x points on shipping purchases
- Cell Phone Protection
The Air France-KLM Flying Blue program offers a Promo Rewards promotion, whereby you can book discounted award tickets in select markets. This can be a great deal, especially when you consider how easy Flying Blue miles are to come by, and also how much award space is available through Flying Blue.
With the latest Promo Rewards, you can save 25% to several destinations in North America, with options in economy, premium economy, and business class. If you can take advantage of this, I’d recommend doing so.
Are there any Promo Rewards you’re considering booking?