CLEAR frequently has promotions for new members, and the latest such offer has just been rolled out. This one is especially lucrative.
Bonus United miles for joining CLEAR
CLEAR is a company that helps you get to the front of the ID check lines at dozens of major airports in the United States using your biometric data. While joining CLEAR usually costs $189 per year, savvy travelers shouldn’t be paying that much.
First of all, United MileagePlus and Delta SkyMiles members can receive a discount on a CLEAR membership (United owns a stake in CLEAR):
- United MileagePlus Premier elite members plus co-branded credit card holders, as well as Delta SkyMiles Medallion elite members plus co-branded credit card holders, pay just $109 per year
- All other United MileagePlus and Delta SkyMiles members pay just $119 per year
At the moment there’s a further promotion, valid for new enrollment at this link between May 27 and July 9, 2022:
- United MileagePlus Premier elite members can receive 15,000 bonus miles
- United MileagePlus non-elite members can receive 10,000 bonus miles
This is only valid for new CLEAR members, and bonus miles should post six to eight weeks after registering. This is an excellent offer — I value MileagePlus miles at ~1.3 cents each, so to me this bonus is worth ~$130-195.
This promo stacks with Amex CLEAR credits
There are currently three American Express cards offering CLEAR credits as annual perks:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express (review) offers up to a $189 annual CLEAR credit
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express (review) offers up to a $189 annual CLEAR credit
- The American Express® Green Card (review) offers up to a $100 annual CLEAR credit
These promotions stack. In other words, you could sign-up through the promotion link and charge the enrollment fee to your Amex, then you’d get that full amount reimbursed, and then you’d get 10,000 or 15,000 bonus miles. You’re basically being paid to join CLEAR. The major catch is that you need to be a new CLEAR member.
At the moment new CLEAR members can receive bonus United MileagePlus miles for enrolling. Non-elite members can earn 10,000 bonus miles, while elite members can earn 15,000 bonus miles. Best of all, you can pay with an Amex card, and potentially get your membership fee refunded. The significant restriction is that you need to be a new member, and obviously many in our community are already members.
Do you plan on taking advantage of this CLEAR & United promotion?