CLEAR frequently has promotions for new members, and the latest such offer has just been rolled out.
$75 Uber credit for joining CLEAR
CLEAR is a company that helps you get to the front of the ID check lines at dozens of major airports in the United States using your biometric data. While joining CLEAR usually costs $189 per year, savvy travelers shouldn’t be paying that much.
First of all, United MileagePlus and Delta SkyMiles members can receive a discount on a CLEAR membership (United owns a stake in CLEAR):
- United MileagePlus Premier elite members plus co-branded credit card holders, as well as Delta SkyMiles Medallion elite members plus co-branded credit card holders, pay just $109 per year
- All other United MileagePlus and Delta SkyMiles members pay just $119 per year
At the moment there’s a further promotion, as new CLEAR members can receive a $75 Uber credit for enrolling through this link. Make sure you see the offer listed (as in the below screenshot) when you sign up, because there’s not a published end date, or any terms & conditions, for this offer.
This promo stacks with Amex CLEAR credits
There are currently three American Express cards offering CLEAR credits as annual perks:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express (review) offers up to a $189 annual CLEAR credit
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express (review) offers up to a $189 annual CLEAR credit
- The American Express® Green Card (review) offers up to a $100 annual CLEAR credit
These promotions stack. In other words, you could sign-up through the promotion link and charge the enrollment fee to your Amex, then you’d get that full amount reimbursed, and then you’d get a $75 Uber credit. You’re basically being paid to join CLEAR. The major catch is that you need to be a new CLEAR member.
At the moment new CLEAR members can potentially earn a $75 Uber credit for enrolling. Best of all, you can pay with an Amex card, and potentially get your membership fee refunded. The significant restriction is that you need to be a new member, and obviously many in our community are already members.
Do you plan on taking advantage of this CLEAR & Uber promotion?
(Tip of the hat to Doctor Of Credit)