Link: Apply for the IHG One Rewards Premier Credit Card with a huge bonus
The $99 annual fee IHG One Rewards Premier Credit Card is a popular Chase credit card that I think is worth having. Several weeks ago, we saw a great limited time welcome offer rolled out on the card. I wanted to post a reminder, as this deal is expected to be pulled in the coming days, so this is your last chance.
IHG Premier Card limited time bonus details
For applications through Wednesday, September 27, 2023, the IHG Premier Card is offering an excellent two-part welcome offer:
- Earn 140,000 IHG points after spending $3,000 within the first three months
- Earn up to $100 in statement credits on purchases at IHG properties within the first 12 months
This is a lucrative offer. Personally I value IHG One Rewards points at 0.5 cents each, so to me the 140,000 bonus points are worth $700. Beyond that, most people should be able to maximize the $100 statement credit offer, simply by spending $100 at an IHG property with the card in the first year.
The no annual fee IHG One Rewards Traveler Credit Card (review) is also offering an elevated bonus of 80,000 IHG points after spending $2,000 within the first three months, plus up to $50 in statement credits for IHG stays. Personally, I think the IHG Premier Card is a better option, given the bigger welcome bonus, plus the far superior perks that should justify the annual fee on an ongoing basis. Both offers have the same expiration date.
Note that eligibility for the two cards is mutually exclusive. Both cards aren’t available to those who currently have either card, or those who have received a new cardmember bonus on either card in the past 24 months. Furthermore, Chase’s standard application rules, including the 5/24 rule, apply.
Why you should get the IHG Premier Card
With my hotel strategy, IHG isn’t my primary hotel group, but I still strategically find lots of value with the program, given IHG’s huge global footprint. There are many reasons to have the IHG Premier Card, including:
- IHG One Rewards Platinum status just for having the card; IHG elite status is more valuable than before with the recent refresh, especially with the introduction of Milestone Rewards
- The ability to earn IHG One Rewards Diamond status when you spend $40,000 on the card in a calendar year; this won’t be worth it for everyone, but does offer some valuable perks
- An anniversary free night certificate every year, valid at a property costing up to 40,000 points; you can top that off with points to redeem at more expensive properties
- Up to $50 in United TravelBank credit annually, in the form of up to a $25 credit every six months
- A fourth night free on award redemptions
- A Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, or NEXUS credit once every four years
For applications through September 27, 2023, the IHG Premier Card has an excellent bonus of 140,000 IHG One Rewards points after completing minimum spending, plus up to $100 in IHG statement credits within the first 12 months.
Not only is this a great bonus, but the card’s value proposition is excellent. This is a card that should be worth holding onto in the long run, given the anniversary free night award, fourth night free on award redemptions, IHG Platinum status, United TravelBank credit, and more.
If you’ve been considering this card but haven’t yet applied, this is the time to do so…
Anyone plan on picking up the IHG Premier Card with this bonus?