Link: Apply for the IHG® Rewards Premier Credit Card with a bonus of 175K points
The $99 annual fee IHG® Rewards Premier Credit Card is a popular Chase credit card that I think is worth having. A new welcome bonus has just been rolled out on the card, which is described as the best points offer ever on the card.
IHG Premier Card bonus details
The IHG Premier Card is offering an excellent new welcome offer, where you’ll receive 175,000 IHG points after spending $3,000 within the first three months. I value IHG One Rewards points at 0.5 cents each, so to me the bonus is worth $875. This is indeed the most points we’ve ever seen as part of the welcome offer.
The no annual fee IHG® Rewards Traveler Credit Card (review) is also offering an improved bonus of 120,000 IHG points after spending $2,000 within the first three months. Personally I think the IHG Premier Card is a better option, given the bigger welcome bonus, plus the far superior perks that should justify the annual fee on an ongoing basis.
However, note that eligibility for the two cards is mutually exclusive. Both cards aren’t available to those who currently have either card, or those who have received a new cardmember bonus on either card in the past 24 months. Furthermore, Chase’s standard application rules, including the 5/24 rule, apply.
Why you should get the IHG Premier Card
With my hotel strategy, IHG isn’t my primary hotel group, but I still strategically find lots of value with the program, given IHG’s huge global footprint. There are many reasons to have the IHG Premier Card, including:
- IHG One Rewards Platinum status just for having the card; IHG elite status is more valuable than before with the recent refresh, especially with the introduction of Milestone Rewards
- The ability to earn IHG One Rewards Diamond status when you spend $40,000 on the card in a calendar year; this won’t be worth it for everyone, but does offer some valuable perks
- An anniversary free night certificate every year, valid at a property costing up to 40,000 points; you can top that off with points to redeem at more expensive properties
- Up to $50 in United TravelBank credit annually, in the form of up to a $25 credit every six months
- A fourth night free on award redemptions
- A Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, or NEXUS credit once every four years
The IHG Premier Card has an excellent new bonus of 175,000 IHG One Rewards points after completing minimum spending. This is the biggest points bonus we’ve ever seen on the card.
I’d also argue the value proposition of this card is better than ever before, given the IHG loyalty program refresh, the ability to top off free night awards with points, plus the new up to $50 in annual United credits. This card really is a no-brainer.
Anyone plan on picking up the IHG Premier Card with this great bonus?