The popular Capital One Venture Card is continuing to offer a fantastic welcome bonus, which many may be interested in. This bonus has been available for quite some time, though I wanted to post a reminder of this, as it’s anyone’s guess how much long it will be around.
In this post:
Capital One Venture Card offering 75K miles
The Capital One Venture Card is offering 75,000 miles after spending $4,000 within the first three months. Personally I value Capital One miles at 1.7 cents each, so to me this bonus is worth a massive $1,275. For context, previously the card was offering a bonus of 50,000 miles.
As far as eligibility restrictions go for the Capital One Venture Card:
- You are eligible for this card (including the bonus) even if you have the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card (review) (Rates & Fees)
- Capital One has very few consistent eligibility restrictions beyond that
Why the Capital One Venture Card is worth it
- The card offers a minimum of 2x Capital One miles on all purchases with no foreign transaction fees (Rates & Fees), making it one of the best cards for everyday spending, as I value that at a 3.4% return on spending
- The card offers access to Plaza Premium Lounges or Capital One Lounges twice per year (the Capital One Lounge DFW is amazing, especially Rumana!); you can use this either for two separate visits, or for one visit with a guest
- The card offers a Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check credit once every four years
- The card offers rental car coverage — for full details review the guide to benefits
There are lots of great ways to redeem Capital One miles, as they can be transferred to Capital One’s airline and hotel partners. That’s my preferred use of them, as you can get some amazing travel experiences this way.
What about the Capital One Venture X Card?
While the Capital One Venture Card is awesome, how does it compare to the Capital One Venture X Card (review), which is Capital One’s ultra premium credit card? The Venture X has a $395 annual fee (Rates & Fees), so the fee is significantly higher, but it also offers several great perks that should more than justify the annual fee. Among other things, the Venture X offers:
- The same welcome bonus of 75,000 miles
- A $300 annual travel credit plus 10,000 anniversary bonus miles, which, to me more than justifies the $395 annual fee
- A Priority Pass membership (giving you unlimited access to 1,300+ lounges around the globe), unlimited access to 100+ Plaza Premium Lounges, and unlimited access to the Capital One Lounge DFW
- Great travel benefits, including primary rental car coverage and cell phone protection
- Amazing authorized user perks, as you can add up to four authorized users at no extra cost, and they each receive a Priority Pass membership, access to Plaza Premium Lounges, and access to the Capital One Lounge
Personally I think the Venture X is an even better value than the Venture. However, I know some people just want to avoid higher annual fee cards in general, so for those people the Venture could be a better option. Furthermore, even if you have the Venture X, you’re potentially still eligible for the Venture.
The Capital One Venture Card has a phenomenal welcome bonus of 75,000 Capital One miles upon completing minimum spending, which is 50% bigger than the previous bonus. If you’re at all interested in this card and don’t yet have it, this would be the time to apply.
Anyone plan to pick up the Capital One Venture Card with 75K bonus miles?
For Capital One products listed on this page, some of the above benefits are provided by Visa® or Mastercard® and may vary by product. See the respective Guide to Benefits for details, as terms and exclusions apply.