For those of you not familiar with Amex Offers, it’s a program available through most Amex cards, where different cards are eligible for different savings and bonus offers. In many cases, the offers can be huge, and more than offset the annual fee on a card.
To view Amex Offers, go to the bottom of the account summary page of any American Express card, where you’ll see all the offers you’re eligible for. These offers come in different forms, including discounts and even in some cases bonus points.
We somewhat frequently see Amex Offers for discounts on hotel stays, in particular with Hilton and Marriott, given that Amex issues co-brand credit cards for both of those companies.
We’re now seeing an awesome new offer for stays at select Marriott properties.
$60 Back With Marriott Hotel Stay
At the moment there’s a new targeted Amex Offer for $60 back when you spend $300+ at select Marriott Bonvoy properties:
- This is valid for stays in the US, US territories, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean
- This is valid for stays through December 31, 2019
- The following Marriott brands are excluded: Marriott Vacation Club, Edition, St. Regis Hotels, The Ritz-Carlton, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, JW Marriott Hotels, Vistana, Design Hotels, Protea Hotels, Homes & Villas by Marriott International, and Marriott Executive Apartments
Do be aware of the following terms:
- You have to book directly with Marriott (by phone, through Marriott’s website, or mobile app)
- Excludes gift card purchases
- You just have to spend $300+ cumulatively, so you could spend that across multiple stays; taxes and fees should even count towards that total
As you’d expect, you can earn Marriott Bonvoy points for these bookings as well, and you can even take advantage of Marriott’s global promotion on hotel stays.
As you can see, many of Marriott’s luxury brands are excluded. That’s because there’s a separate Amex Offer for $100 back when you spend $500+ at luxury Marriott brands.
This is a great opportunity to save 20% off the cost of an upcoming stay at a Marriott property. This is valid at a majority of Marriott’s non-luxury brands, so it’s a great deal.
Ideally you’ll see this offer on a co-branded Marriott card (like The Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card — review here) so that you can earn 6x points on your stay while also getting $60 back on $300+ of hotel spending.
Was your account targeted for this Amex Offer, and do you plan on taking advantage of it?