The Amex Offers program has just rolled out a fantastic new targeted offer for the purchase of Air France-KLM flights, which could be worth considering for anyone planning travel.
Save $200 on an Air France-KLM flight
With a new targeted Amex Offers deal, you can save $200 when you spend $1,000 with Air France-KLM by September 30, 2021.
There are some terms to be aware of:
- The flight needs to be booked directly through the Air France or KLM website or app
- The flight needs to originate in the United States and be charged in USD
- While you need to book travel by September 30, 2021, it’s okay if you travel on subsequent dates
- With Air France, the offer excludes Air France Music, Air France Saphir, Air France Shopping, convention, conference, and seminar services, baggage drop off, group reservations, La Boutique Air France, parking, Stress Free Flying workshop, flight crew training, and the Flying Blue Store
- With KLM, the offer excludes KLM Package Deals, City Pass Amsterdam, hotel bookings, car rentals, ground transportation, tours, airport transfers, equipment services, [email protected], purchases of miles, lounge access fees, KLM Jet Center, and KLM Wanna Gives
Just thinking out loud here, but one potential interesting play is that Air France-KLM have a flexible booking policy right now. So you could always lock in travel and then get a voucher towards future travel. I don’t see any reason that wouldn’t qualify for this deal.
Ideally you’ll see this offer on the Amex Platinum
This offer is targeted, those it’s possible you’ll see it on multiple of your Amex cards. If so, I’d highly recommend registering your Amex Platinum Card for this offer. That’s because the Amex Platinum offers 5x points on airfare purchased directly with airlines.
I value Membership Rewards points at 1.7 cents each, so to me those points alone are worth an incremental 8.5% return. On top of that, the Amex Platinum offers excellent travel protection, should you experience irregular operations.
There’s a new targeted Amex Offers deal for $200 back when you spend $1,000+ on an Air France-KLM flight. If you’re planning travel on Air France or KLM, this has the potential to be a great deal. Ideally you’ll see this offer on the Amex Platinum, so that you can maximize your points while also taking advantage of these savings.
Were you targeted for this Amex Offer, and if so, do you plan on taking advantage of it?