American AAdvantage and World of Hyatt have a partnership, and many members are being targeted for a fantastic new offer (my guess is that it’s primarily targeted at members with status).
1,000 bonus AAdvantage miles per Hyatt night
Select American AAdvantage and World of Hyatt members who have linked their accounts can earn 1,000 bonus AAdvantage miles per eligible night with Hyatt:
- This is valid for stays between April 15 and July 31, 2021
- Registration is required by June 30, 2021
- Eligible nights include those at Hyatt hotels and resorts, including all participating MGM destinations, Small Luxury Hotels of the World properties, and Lindblad Expeditions experiences
- Both paid stays and award stays qualify, as long as they’re booked direct with Hyatt
- Members can earn up to 30,000 bonus AAdvantage miles with this offer
- Bonus AAdvantage miles will post three to four weeks after an eligible stay
Earn 1,000 bonus American miles per night with Hyatt
Members will receive communication directly about this offer, though you can also check your eligibility at this link. It appears to me like this is at least pretty widely targeted.
The registration page for this offer
This is an awesome promotion — I value American AAdvantage miles at ~1.5 cents each, so to me this is like an incremental ~$15 return per Hyatt night, which is significant.
This is in addition to all other points earning
What’s awesome is that this promotion is in addition to all the usual points earning opportunities:
- You ordinarily earn 5x World of Hyatt points per dollar spent, plus elite bonuses (Globalist members receive a 30% bonus)
- With World of Hyatt’s current promotion you can earn an average of up to 1,250 bonus World of Hyatt points per night, assuming you have the World of Hyatt Card
- With the American & Hyatt partnership, elite AAdvantage members can earn one mile per dollar spent with Hyatt, and elite World of Hyatt members can earn one point per dollar spent with American
These are some very nice stacking opportunities, especially at less expensive hotels. As a Globalist member with the World of Hyatt Card, I’m earning:
- 10.5x World of Hyatt points per dollar spent (5x points like everyone, plus 1.5x points for being a Globalist, plus 4x points for paying with the World of Hyatt Card)
- 1,250 World of Hyatt bonus points per night with Hyatt’s current promotion
- 1,000 American AAdvantage bonus miles per night with this new promotion
- 1x American AAdvantage miles per dollar spent
Based on my valuation of points, that’s a fixed return of $33.75 per night at Hyatt, plus a variable return of 18.4% on Hyatt spending. Not bad!
Hyatt stays can be pretty rewarding right now!
Thanks to a new promotion, select members enrolled in the American AAdvantage and World of Hyatt partnership can earn 1,000 bonus AAdvantage miles per Hyatt night over the coming months. I value that at an incremental return of ~$15 per night.
When you combine that with all of the other points earning opportunities with Hyatt stays, that’s an impressive return for these hotel stays. That’s especially true if you’re staying at a hotel that isn’t too expensive when paying cash, or if you’re redeeming points.
Were you targeted for this promotion, and if so, will you get value from it?