American AAdvantage and World of Hyatt have a partnership, offering reciprocal points earning, as well as some reciprocal targeted status opportunities. The two programs have just launched their latest promotion, though for once it’s those outside the United States who will benefit.
1,000 bonus AAdvantage miles per Hyatt stay
American AAdvantage and World of Hyatt members can earn 1,000 bonus AAdvantage miles per eligible stay with Hyatt, but only in select regions:
- This is valid for stays between September 3 and December 19, 2021
- Only stays at properties in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and India qualify, and Small Luxury Hotels of the World properties are excluded from the offer
- Registration is required by November 30, 2021
- Both paid stays and award stays at Hyatt hotels and resorts qualify, as long as they’re booked direct with Hyatt
- Bonus AAdvantage miles will post three to four weeks after an eligible stay
This is an awesome promotion — I value American AAdvantage miles at ~1.5 cents each, so to me this is like an incremental ~$15 return per Hyatt stay.
This is in addition to all other points earning
What’s cool is that this promotion is in addition to all the usual points earning opportunities:
- You ordinarily earn 5x World of Hyatt points per dollar spent, plus elite bonuses (Globalist members receive a 30% bonus)
- With World of Hyatt’s current promotion you can earn triple points on stays of two or more nights
- With the American & Hyatt partnership, elite AAdvantage members can earn one mile per dollar spent with Hyatt, and elite World of Hyatt members can earn one point per dollar spent with American
- If you pay for your Hyatt stay with the World of Hyatt Card, you can earn 4x World of Hyatt bonus points per dollar spent
These are some very nice stacking opportunities, especially at less expensive hotels and for shorter stays.
Thanks to a new promotion, members enrolled in the American AAdvantage and World of Hyatt partnership can earn 1,000 bonus AAdvantage miles per Hyatt stay in Europe, Africa, Middle East, or India. I value that at an incremental return of ~$15 per stay.
When you combine that with all of the other points earning opportunities from Hyatt, that’s an impressive return for these hotel stays. That’s especially true if you’re staying at a hotel that isn’t too expensive when paying cash, or if you’re redeeming points.
Will you benefit from this World of Hyatt and American AAdvantage bonus?