American AAdvantage and World of Hyatt have a partnership, offering reciprocal points earning, as well as some reciprocal targeted status opportunities. The two programs have just launched their latest promotion, which offers bonus AAdvantage miles for Hyatt stays. While not a replacement for a global promotion (as there doesn’t seem to be on this summer), it’s better than nothing.
In this post:
1,000 bonus AAdvantage miles per stay in the United States
With a brand new promotion, American AAdvantage and World of Hyatt members can earn 1,000 bonus AAdvantage miles per eligible stay at select Hyatts in the United States:
- This is valid for stays between July 5 and September 5, 2022
- Only stays at over 150 participating Hyatt properties in 10 cities across the United Statues qualify, including in Austin, Boston, Chicago, Honolulu, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington DC; Small Luxury Hotels of the World properties are excluded from the offer
- Only stays of two or more nights qualify for the offer
- Registration is required by August 31, 2022
- Both paid stays and award stays at Hyatt properties qualify, as long as they’re booked direct with Hyatt
- Bonus AAdvantage miles will post three to four weeks after an eligible stay
This is a nice promotion — I value American AAdvantage miles at ~1.5 cents each, so to me this is like an incremental ~$15 return per Hyatt stay. While probably not a reason to switch any stays to Hyatt, it’s better than nothing.
This is in addition to other points earning opportunities
What’s cool is that this promotion is in addition to all the usual points earning opportunities:
- You ordinarily earn 5x World of Hyatt points per dollar spent, plus elite bonuses (Globalist members receive a 30% bonus)
- With the American & Hyatt partnership, elite AAdvantage members can earn one mile per dollar spent with Hyatt, and elite World of Hyatt members can earn one point per dollar spent with American
- If you pay for your Hyatt stay with the World of Hyatt Credit Card (review) or World of Hyatt Business Credit Card (review), you can earn 4x World of Hyatt bonus points per dollar spent
- If you stay at a new Hyatt property, you can earn 500 World of Hyatt bonus points per night
- If you stay at new Hyatt brands, you can earn a free night certificate with Hyatt’s Brand Explorer offer
These are some very nice stacking opportunities, especially at less expensive hotels and for shorter stays.
Thanks to a new promotion, members enrolled in the American AAdvantage and World of Hyatt partnership can earn 1,000 bonus AAdvantage miles per Hyatt stay at over 150 Hyatt properties in the United States.
When you combine that with all of the other points earning opportunities from Hyatt, this certainly makes Hyatt stays more rewarding. It’s just too bad World of Hyatt doesn’t seem to have a global promotion this summer.
Will you benefit from this World of Hyatt and American AAdvantage bonus?