I seem to spend more nights near Heathrow than anyone would ever want to. Heathrow has tons of airport hotels, though very few of them are conveniently located.
In this post:
My Heathrow Airport Hotel Strategy
When deciding where to stay near Heathrow, here’s my general rule of thumb:
- If I’m flying into/out of Heathrow Terminal 4 and have a fairly long overnight then I like the Hilton, because it is just a short walk from the terminal
- If I’m flying into/out of Heathrow Terminal 4 and have a very short overnight then I like the Yotel, which is located in the arrivals hall
- If I’m flying into/out of Heathrow Terminal 5 then I like the Sofitel, because it is just a short walk from the terminal
- If I’m not flying into or out of one of those terminals I usually stay at the Sheraton Skyline so that I earn Marriott points, and also because I like that there’s a Starbucks in the lobby and they have a surprisingly good Indian restaurant
Well, it looks like there’s now another hotel I should add to my rotation — it’s only the second in-terminal hotel at Heathrow, and the first in Terminal 3.
Aerotel Heathrow Terminal 3
Today the Aerotel Heathrow Terminal 3 has opened, which will be the only in-terminal hotel at Terminal 3. It’s located landside in the arrivals hall, so you’ll have to clear security and immigration to access it.
The hotel is owned by Plaza Premium Group, which operates lounges in Terminals 2, 3, 4, and 5.
Given its location, you’re just a five minute walk to the nearest bus station, and a similar length walk to the Heathrow Express, which gives you access to Terminals 2, 4, and 5, within 10 minutes.
The two floor hotel offers a total of 82 guest rooms. It’s open 24/7, so that you can book stays starting and ending at any hour of the day. You can book rooms in blocks of six, nine, or 12 hours.
Aerotel Heathrow Room Types
The hotel has the following room types:
- Solo Plus Room, which is a 10 sqm room that sleeps one; it has a bed, TV, and private bathroom
- Double Plus Room, which is a 14 sqm room that sleeps two; it has a bed, TV, and private bathroom
- Family Room, which is a 21 sqm room that sleeps four; it has two beds, a TV, and a private bathroom
Aerotel Heathrow Library Lounge
In addition to the rooms, the Aerotel has a library lounge with chairs and sofas, plenty of reading material, and more. They also have a menu with light refreshments and drinks for purchase.
Aerotel Heathrow Rates
You can book the Aerotel Heathrow in blocks of six, nine, or 12 hours, or overnight packages.
As an opening offer, they’re offering a 30% discount when you book until December 31, 2019. You need to book a minimum of a 12 hour stay to take advantage of this, and use promotion code LHRAER30.
Looking at the standard rates for a random date next week:
- For a six hour block, a Solo Plus Room can be booked for $64 and a Double Plus Room can be booked for $76
- For a nine hour block, a Solo Plus Room can be booked for $99 and a Double Plus Room can be booked for $123
- For a 12 hour block, a Solo Plus Room can be booked for $127 and a Double Plus Room can be booked for $152 (though through the end of 2019 you can score a 30% discount, and pay just $89 or $106)
It’s nice to see a convenient option at Heathrow Terminal 3, as this will be convenient for those flying American, British Airways (on select flights), Cathay Pacific, Emirates, Virgin Atlantic, and many more.
This is only the second in-terminal hotel at Heathrow, and definitely the most convenient hotel If flying in or out of Terminal 3.
Anyone plan on staying at the Aerotel Terminal 3?