As frequent readers of the blog know, back in December I flew Emirates first class from London to Dubai with only a couple of hours advance notice, and it was probably my ultimate travel “high.”
And while the shower was quite possibly the coolest thing ever, that’s not what I enjoyed most about the experience. What I liked most was the wifi, so I could share the experience with you guys live. That was a blast. I had made the following posts during my travels:
Is British Airways first class the world’s best business class product?
The story behind how I ended up in Emirates Airbus 380 first class…
The most, gaudy, obnoxious, and awesome f*&^$&# flight of my life!
Anyway, in about 12 hours I’ll be flying Emirates first class on the Airbus 380 again, and I’m really looking forward to doing it all again, from the shower to using the Wi-Fi to share my experiences.
I’ll be blogging, Tweeting, Instagramming, and Facebooking, so if you’d like to follow along be sure we’re “connected” in all places:
- You can add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bschlappig
- You can follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/onemileatatime
- You can follow me on Instagram: http://instagram.com/onemileatatime
But I figured I’d take it one stop further and run a little giveaway for 10,000 Membership Rewards points, though I’m still open to ideas on how to do this (I try to run the blog as more of a democracy than anything else).
My general idea was this — once I take off I’ll post a link to my Flightaware, and whoever first guesses the sum of the following correctly while I’m still in the air wins 10,000 Membership Rewards points:
- The number of times I’m addressed by name on the flight
- The number of hot towels I’m served throughout the flight
- The number of languages spoken by the crew (which is usually announced at the beginning of the flight)
- The number of times I’m served drinks or they’re topped off
Anyway, would love some feedback on possible other “metrics” I can add to the above for fun.
Am totally open to ideas over the next 12 hours, and will post the official entry thread once I’m airborne.
Thanks, and safe/enjoyable travels!