Last week Qatar Airways rolled out a published status match promotion for the first time I can recall. This is a heads up that this promotion has been extended, for anyone who may want to take advantage of this opportunity.
Qatar Airways Privilege Club status match basics
While there are some significant restrictions regarding which airlines they’ll match, Qatar Airways is offering a publicly available status match opportunity. This is only available for a limited period, through 11:59PM PDT on May 27, 2020.
If you’re eligible this might interest you even if you aren’t a Qatar Airways frequent flyer, given the oneworld lounge access opportunities this potentially opens up.
Get valuable oneworld perks with a Qatar Airways status match
Which airlines will they match status from?
Qatar Airways Privilege Club will match status from the following programs:
- Emirates Skywards
- Etihad Guest
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- South African Airways Voyager
- Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles
Status will be matched to a similar tier in Privilege Club, and the program reserves the right to decide what tier that is.
How do you request a status match?
To request a status match, eligible members should send an email to [email protected] with the following info:
- Privilege Club number
- Statements from the past two months for the program you’re matching from
- A copy of your frequent flyer membership card
If eligible, your status will be upgraded within 10 days of the receipt of the request.
How do you extend status?
If matched, your Privilege Club status will be valid for 12 months. If you want to extend it beyond that, you can do so with reduced requirements, as you only have to earn half as many Qpoints as you’d ordinarily have to earn in the 12 month period. This ranges anywhere from 75 Qpoints for Silver, to 300 Qpoints for Platinum.
What are the benefits of Qatar Airways status?
Qatar Airways Privilege Club has three elite tiers — Silver, Gold, and Platinum — so let’s look at the very basic benefits of these tiers.
Privilege Club Silver status offers the following:
- A 25% mileage bonus on Qatar Airways flights
- Priority check-in
- Lounge access at select airports
- Priority boarding
Privilege Club Gold status offers the following (incrementally):
- A 75% mileage bonus on Qatar Airways flights
- Oneworld Sapphire status, including expanded lounge access
- 40 Qcredits to redeem towards upgrades and more
Privilege Club Platinum status offers the following (incrementally):
- A 100% mileage bonus on Qatar Airways flights
- Oneworld Emerald status, including expanded lounge access (Al Safwa Lounge access when flying business class)
- 60 Qcredits to redeem towards upgrades and more
Get Al Safwa Lounge access as a Platinum member
This is the first time I recall Qatar Airways offering a publicly available status match promotion, so that’s pretty cool. The promotion is only valid for a couple more days and the airlines they’ll match from are limited, though this could still be of use to some.
If nothing else, getting oneworld Sapphire or Emerald status for 12 months is potentially awesome, since that opens up a lot of lounge access opportunities.
Does anyone plan on status matching to Qatar Airways Privilege Club?