Last March I first wrote about Creflo Dollar, the mega-Church pastor and preacher of “Prosperity Gospel,” who was asking his members to help him fund a $65 million Gulfstream G650. The church even created a fundraising video, which at first I thought was a joke:
After much public outcry, the campaign was eventually halted, though that didn’t stop the church from making all kinds of excuses. They explained that the church needed the Gulfstream G650 so it could carry a dozen people plus 100,000 pounds of food. Clearly they didn’t do any research on the plane, because the Gulfstream G650 has virtually no cargo capacity.
Then in April, Creflo Dollar addressed the situation with his congregation, explaining that the devil didn’t want him to have a Gulfstream:
Even to this day, Creflo Dollar still wants a Gulfstream G650.
Well, in case Creflo Dollar didn’t sell you on the need for pastors to have private jets, his good friends pastors Kenneth Copeland and Jesse Duplantis have their own explanations.
Are you ready for an incredible video? Perhaps the worst part is that they’re not even begging for money, but rather they’re just enlightening us as to how they couldn’t possibly fly with everyone else. They’re just explaining why they can’t fly with demons on commercial aircraft, and why the devil is trying to mislead us into thinking they’re being excessive.
Here’s the jaw dropping video:
For those of you who don’t have the time to watch the video, allow me to summarize:
- God was having a conversation with Brother Duplantis while he was on his private jet, after flying home from an event where he was speaking with Creflo Dollar
- Brother Duplantis was so shocked by what God said that he unbuckled his seatbelt and stood up
- Brother Copeland chimes in to say that he couldn’t have stood up on an airliner to have a conversation with God; the reason they need to have private jets is so they can talk to God on the airplane, as it’s their “sanctuary”
- Another “Brother” had stopped flying airlines because he had become famous and people were coming up to him and asking him to pray for them, which was “agitating his spirits”
- You can’t get on a long tube (referring to a commercial plane) with a bunch of demons, as it’s deadly
- They’re clarifying all of this so the devil doesn’t try to mislead us
(Tip of the hat to Matthew On Live And Let’s Fly)