The Marriott Bonvoy BusinessTM American Express® Card has a big new limited time welcome bonus, so let’s take a look at the details.
Marriott Bonvoy Business welcome bonus
The Marriott Bonvoy Business Card is offering a welcome bonus of 100,000 Marriott points after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first three months. This limited time welcome bonus is only available through April 24, 2019.
Marriott Bonvoy Business annual fee
The Marriott Bonvoy Business Card will have a $125 annual fee (Rates & Fees) going forward. However, if your application is received before March 28, 2019, then the card has a $0 intro annual fee for the first year, and it’s $95 thereafter.
Marriott Bonvoy Business return on spend
The Marriott Bonvoy Business Card has the following rewards structure:
- 6x points per dollar spent at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels
- 4x points per dollar spent at U.S. restaurants, U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers, and on U.S. purchases for shipping
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases
You can earn 6x points for stays at Marriott hotels
Marriott Bonvoy Business perks
The Marriott Bonvoy Business Card comes with a variety of potentially useful benefits, including:
- A free night award on your account anniversary every year, valid at a property retailing for up to 35,000 points per night
- Complimentary Silver Elite status for as long as you have the card
- Gold Elite status when you spend $35,000 on eligible purchases on the card in a calendar year
- 15 elite qualifying nights towards status annually just for having the card (note that if you have multiple cards offering this benefit, it can’t be stacked)
- Premium internet at Marriott hotels
- No foreign transaction fees
To me the annual free night award more than justifies the annual fee on the card, and is a reason I have this card as well. The additional benefits have the potential to be really valuable as well, including the 15 elite nights towards status annually, and more.
You can use your annual free night at the Marriott Kigali
Marriott Bonvoy Business eligibility
Note that nowadays Marriott co-brand credit cards have rather complicated rules when it comes to eligibility.
First, the welcome bonus on this card is not available to those who have or have had this product or The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express.
On top of that, the welcome bonus isn’t available to applicants who have or have had the following cards in the last 30 days:
- The Marriott BonvoyTM Premier Business from Chase
- The Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase
- The Marriott Bonvoy BusinessTM from Chase
- The Marriott Rewards Business Credit Card from Chase
It’s also not available to applicants to have or have had the following cards in the last 90 days:
- The Marriott Bonvoy BoundlessTM from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase
- The Marriott BonvoyTM Premier from Chase
- The Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase in the last 90 days
Lastly, it’s not available to those who have received a welcome bonus on the following cards in the past 24 months:
- The Marriott Bonvoy BoundlessTM from Chase
- The Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase
- The Marriott BonvoyTM Premier Plus from Chase
- The Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase
This new 100K welcome bonus on the Marriott Bonvoy Business Card is much better than the previous 75K offer that we saw. Personally, I think this card is well worth it long term for the annual free night award, especially if you can lock in the $95 annual fee.
Anecdotally I find Amex business cards to be fairly easy to be approved for, though be aware of the eligibility restrictions related to having other Marriott cards.
Does anyone plan on picking up the Marriott Bonvoy Business Card with a 100K offer?
The following links will direct you to the rates and fees for mentioned American Express Cards. These include: Marriott Bonvoy Business Card From American Express (Rates & Fees).