LoungeBuddy is an app that — as the name suggests — is all about the airport lounge experience. It’s location based so can automatically tell which airport you’re at, and will show you the lounges nearby, along with their amenities, hours, ways to gain access, and user generated reviews.
If you load your preferences such as amenities you’re looking for and lounge memberships/status/tickets you hold, it will even automatically recommend a lounge for you. While I know most of the lounges I have access to in my everyday travels, I do sometimes find myself looking up lounges at airports I haven’t visited yet, or confirming the location of a less-familiar lounge and this app is great for that.
LoungeBuddy holiday promotion
Here’s how the promotion is described:
When travelers purchase access to The Club airport lounge locations with LoungeBuddy between November 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015, they will receive 100% back in LoungeBuddy Credit. This offer is available at the following airports:
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Cincinnati (CVG)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Seattle (SEA)
- San Jose (SJC)
Here’s how it works:
- Make a booking (or 10) to any of The Club lounges through the LoungeBuddy mobile app between 11/1/2015 and 12/31/2015.
- Be merry, grab some drinks, and enjoy the lounge before your flight.
- Receive the savings in your LoungeBuddy Account as credit automatically.
Furthermore, LoungeBuddy is offering $10 in credit to readers of One Mile At A Time who register using the code omaat.
So in practice you could purchase access to any of The Club lounges for $35. You could use the $10 credit you receive for registering with code omaat, which knocks the price down to $25.
Then when you purchase lounge access for $25, you’d receive a $25 LoungeBuddy credit.
You can find the full terms of the promotion here.
Alternatives for accessing The Club
This promotion won’t be useful for everyone, given that lounges belonging to The Club network are also Priority Pass lounges, and you get a Priority Pass membership through several credit cards, including the following:
- The Citi Prestige® Card comes with a Priority Pass Select membership, and you can take two guests or immediate family members for free
- The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum® Card from American Express also come with a Priority Pass Select membership, though only the cardmember can access the lounge for free; additional guests cost $27 each
Ultimately The Club network of lounges aren’t the most glamorous lounges out there, though if you’re traveling domestically and have a long layover, they’re better than nothing.
This is quite a deal if you wouldn’t otherwise have access to lounges. Still, keep in mind there are lots of ways to get lounge access, from LoungeBuddy to credit cards.