Link: Apply now for the Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card
Marriott Bonvoy has a suite of co-branded credit cards issued by both American Express and Chase.
In this post:
Earn 85K points with the Marriott Bonvoy Bevy Card
The Marriott Bonvoy Bevy Card has a welcome offer of 85,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points after spending $5,000 within the first six months.
Marriott Bonvoy Bevy Card eligibility requirements
If you’re applying for the Marriott Bonvoy Bevy Card, the general Amex application restrictions apply. For example, you’re limited to having a total of five Amex credit cards (not including hybrid cards), regardless of whether they’re personal or business. The good news is that I find Amex cards to anecdotally be pretty easy to get approved for.
Beyond that, since both American Express and Chase issue cards for Marriott, there are some pretty complicated restrictions regarding eligibility for this card, so see this post for more details.
Is the Marriott Bonvoy Bevy Card worth it?
- The card offers Marriott Bonvoy Gold status for as long as you’re a cardmember
- The card offers 15 elite nights toward Marriott Bonvoy status annually, which can help you earn a higher elite tier, like Platinum status, Titanium status, or Ambassador status, or qualify for Choice Benefits
- The card offers an anniversary free night award when you spend $15,000 on the card in a calendar year; this free night award is valid at a property costing up to 50,000 points per night (this can also be topped off with up to 15,000 additional points)
- This card offers 1,000 bonus points per paid eligible stay with Marriott when using the card, in addition to earning 6x points on these purchases; this makes it the most lucrative Marriott card for hotel spending
Now, while there’s some merit to picking up this card, personally I find there to be more value with one of the two other Marriott Amex cards:
- The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card (review) has a $650 annual fee (Rates & Fees), and has a great welcome offer and many lucrative perks, including Marriott Platinum status for as long as you have the card, an anniversary free night award worth up to 85,000 points, up to $300 in annual restaurant credits, up to 25 elite nights toward status annually, and a Priority Pass membership (Enrollment required)
- The Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card (review) has a $125 annual fee (Rates & Fees), and has a big welcome offer, and several perks, including an anniversary free night award worth up to 35,000 points, Marriott Gold status, and more
The reason I tend to think these two cards are more lucrative is because they offer an anniversary free night award without any sort of a spending requirement, which makes it a no-brainer to hold onto these cards.
I consider the Marriott Bonvoy Bevy Card to be the least lucrative co-branded Marriott Amex card, so personally, I’d recommend applying for the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card or Marriott Bonvoy Business Card.
Do you plan on picking up the Marriott Bonvoy Bevy Card?
The following links will direct you to the rates and fees for mentioned American Express Cards. These include: Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card (Rates & Fees), Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card (Rates & Fees), and Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card (Rates & Fees).