For a long time Marriott has offered a promotion for new Bonvoy members, though I wasn’t aware that Hilton Honors has a new member bonus as well.
New members of Hilton Honors can earn up to 5,000 bonus points after two paid stays:
- To take advantage of this promotion, members must enroll by December 31, 2020
- Members earn 2,000 bonus points after the first stay, and 3,000 additional bonus points after the second stay
- Stays must be booked directly with Hilton
- Stays must be completed within six months of joining Hilton Honors
- Hilton Honors awards don’t qualify towards this promotion
- There’s no registration required
Personally I value Hilton points at ~0.5 cents each, so that’s an incremental $25 worth of points after two stays by my valuation. Thats not life changing, though it’s nice when you consider that it’s on top of normal points earning opportunities.
That’s because this promotion can be stacked with Hilton Honors’ standard global promotions. At the moment Hilton is offering their Points Unlimited promotion, where members can earn:
- 2,000 bonus points for every stay
- 10,000 bonus points after every ten nights
So in reality members would earn at least an additional 4,000 points after two stays, in addition to the bonus for new members.
On top of that, one of the best ways to earn Hilton Honors points is with the co-branded Hilton Amex credit cards, including the:
- Hilton Honors American Express Card (review)
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card (review)
- Hilton Honors American Express Business Card (review)
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card (review)
Is anyone taking advantage of this Hilton new member bonus?
(Tip of the hat to Frequent Flyer Bonuses)