Hilton Honors does an amazing job with its global promotions. The loyalty program constantly offers global promotions without any sort of a gap. Hilton Honors’ previous promotion expired yesterday, and the program’s newest promotion has launched today. I wanted to recap the promotion that just went live, which is valid through the end of the year.
Hilton Honors Double Your Stay promo
Hilton Honors’ global promotion is called Double Your Stay, and with this offer members can earn double points on all stays, and 2,000 bonus points per stay when you check-out on a weekday (Monday through Friday).
This obviously reflects that business travel hasn’t made a full comeback, as we otherwise often see promotions that incentivize weekend stays, rather than weekday stays.
There are some more details to be aware of:
- The promotion is valid for stays between September 6 and December 31, 2022 (you must check-out by December 31 to be eligible)
- Registration is required prior to your first eligible stay, though it’s fine if you booked prior to registration
- There’s no limit to how many bonus points you can earn, you start earning rewards with the first stay, and there’s no minimum stay required to earn double points or 2,000 bonus points
- It can take up to six to eight weeks for bonus points to post, though they’ll typically post much faster than that
- Award stays are eligible, both for the 2,000 bonus points for weekday check-outs, plus for double points on any incidental spending
- You can find promotion FAQs here
How generous is Hilton Honors’ promotion?
- Hilton Honors members ordinarily earn 10x Honors points per dollar spent at most brands
- Hilton Honors Gold members get an 80% points bonus, and Hilton Honors Diamond members get a 100% points bonus
On top of that, you can maximize your Hilton Honors points earned from hotel stays by paying with a co-branded Hilton American Express card. These cards earn points at the following rates at Hilton properties:
- Hilton Honors American Express Card (review) – 7x points per dollar
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card (review) – 12x points per dollar
- Hilton Honors American Express Business Card (review) – 12x points per dollar
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card (review) – 14x points per dollar
So, what does this promotion bring to the table? Hilton Honors’ new promotion is potentially most rewarding for those making shorter award stays, rather than incentivizing long paid stays at expensive properties:
- This promotion offers an incremental 10x points per dollar spent on all stays
- For stays with weekday check-outs, you earn an incremental 2,000 bonus points, which I value at a $10 return
- When all is said and done, a Hilton Honors Diamond member paying with the Hilton Aspire Card can earn up to 44x points per dollar spent, which I value at a 22% return on spending, plus up to 2,000 bonus points per stay
Hilton Honors has just launched its last global promotion of 2022. You’re now able to earn double points on all stays, plus 2,000 bonus points for stays with weekday check-outs.
Hilton Honors continues to have great points earning rates. Hilton Honors’ consistently excellent promotions really are a selling point of the program, as there’s not another hotel group that’s as generous as Hilton in this regard.
What do you make of Hilton Honors’ Double Your Stay promotion?