Hilton Honors does an amazing job with its global promotions. The program’s previous promotion expired on December 31, and now Hilton’s new promotion has launched as of January 1. Let’s go over all the details of this new offer.
In this post:
Hilton Honors offers up to 2,500 bonus points per stay
Hilton Honors’ current global promotion is called Points Plus, and with this offer, members are able to earn 2,000 bonus points on every stay, and an additional 500 bonus points when using Digital Key for a stay.
There are some more details to be aware of:
- The promotion is valid for stays between January 1 and May 1, 2024 (you must check-out by May 1 to be eligible)
- Registration is required prior to your first eligible stay, though it’s fine if you booked prior to registration
- There’s no limit to how many bonus points you can earn, you start earning rewards with the first stay, and there’s no minimum stay required
- It can take up to six to eight weeks for bonus points to post, though they’ll typically post much faster than that
- Award stays are eligible for this promotion
- You can earn the bonus points for the Digital Key as long as it’s successfully issued during the stay; this can be requested through the Hilton Honors app during digital check-in or during your stay
- You can find promotion FAQs here
How generous is Hilton Honors’ promotion?
- Hilton Honors members earn 10x Honors points per dollar spent at most brands
- Hilton Honors Gold members get an 80% points bonus, and Hilton Honors Diamond members get a 100% points bonus
On top of that, you can maximize your Hilton Honors points earned from hotel stays by paying with a co-branded Hilton American Express card. These cards earn points at the following rates at Hilton properties:
- Hilton Honors American Express Card (review) – 7x points per dollar
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card (review) – 12x points per dollar
- Hilton Honors American Express Business Card (review) – 12x points per dollar
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card (review) – 14x points per dollar
With the Points Plus Promotion, you’re earning a flat 2,500 bonus points per stay (since requesting a Digital Key is easy enough, so it’s something everyone should be able to do). By my valuation, that’s an incremental $12.50 return per stay. That’s not bad for an award stay or a short stay at an inexpensive property, but for longer and more expensive stays, this is a rather uninteresting promotion.
The information and associated card details on this page for the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card has been collected independently by OMAAT and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Hilton Honors has just launched its new global promotion. This offers up to 2,500 bonus points per stay (assuming you use the Digital Key for your stay). This is one of the less exciting offers we’ve seen from the program in quite some time, unless you frequently make short stays at inexpensive properties.
Hilton Honors continues to have great points earning rates. Hilton Honors’ consistent promotions really are a selling point of the program, as there’s not another hotel group that’s as generous as Hilton in this regard.
What do you make of Hilton Honors’ current global promotion?