American Express has just rolled out a new offer on the Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express ($0 annual fee (Rates & Fees)). This is Hilton’s most basic co-branded credit card, and it’s currently offering a welcome bonus of 75,000 Hilton Honors points after spending $1,000 within the first three months.
Previously the welcome bonus offered 50,000 Honors points upon completing minimum spend, so this bonus is 50% better than before. In the past we’ve sometimes seen increased bonuses of 75,000 points (like we’re seeing now), but typically they’ve had a higher spend requirement to earn that bonus. I don’t recall ever seeing a bigger public bonus on the card, so this is as good as it gets — for a no annual fee card this is an excellent reward.
Note that the bonus on this card is once in a lifetime, so if you currently have this card or have had the card in the past, you’re not eligible. However, you are eligible if you’ve just had another type of Hilton credit card (Hilton has four co-branded cards at this point).
As far as other things to know about this card go, it offers:
- 7x Honors points for spend directly with Hilton, 5x points for spend at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations, and 3x points for all other eligible purchases
- Hilton Honors Silver status for as long as you have the card; Hilton Honors Silver members receive a fifth night free on award redemptions, so you’d receive that by virtue of having this card
- Hilton Honors Gold status when you spend at least $20,000 on the card in a calendar year
- No foreign transaction fees
In addition to the above great benefits, there are some general benefits to having a no annual fee card like the Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express:
- Having this card gives you access to Amex Offers, which can save you money with all kinds of retailers; with some Amex cards I have hundreds of dollars per year with Amex Offers
- Holding onto some credit cards long term has a positive impact on your credit score, and in general I always recommend holding onto no annual fee cards whenever possible, since they’re the cheapest to hold onto
The increased welcome bonus on the no annual fee Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express is excellent, and if you haven’t yet had the card, I’d seriously consider applying.
The following links will direct you to the rates and fees for mentioned American Express Cards. These include: Hilton Honors American Express Card (Rates & Fees).