We’ve seen credit card issuers introduce all kinds of limited time spending bonuses and perks in light of current circumstances, and that’s especially true on travel credit cards.
Today American Express and Delta have announced new incentives for spending on their portfolio of co-branded credit cards. In no particular order, here are the three different offers available:
Earn 4x SkyMiles on restaurant spending
The Delta SkyMiles Gold Amex cards (both personal and business) are offering:
- 4x SkyMiles at restaurants, including takeout and delivery
- 5x SkyMiles on Delta purchases
This is valid for purchases between August 17 and December 31, 2020, and registration is required. There’s no limit to how many bonus miles you can earn with these offers.
Personally I think there are still better credit cards for restaurant and airfare spending, so I wouldn’t be considering these offers if I had one of these cards. However, it’s no doubt an improvement over the old mileage earning rates.
Earn 5x SkyMiles on Delta spending
This is valid for purchases between August 17 and December 31, 2020, and registration is required through the Amex Offers section of your online account.
Earn bonus MQMs & SkyMiles for spending
- 500 bonus Medallion Qualifying Miles (MQMs) plus 500 bonus redeemable SkyMiles for every $1,000 in purchases
- You can earn up to 25,000 bonus miles and 25,000 bonus MQMs
- Purchases on additional cards don’t qualify towards this offer
- Registration is required through the Amex Offers section of your online account
- Valid for purchases between August 17 and December 31, 2020
- MQMs not only count towards status this year, but also count towards lifetime status in the SkyMiles program
Delta Amex cards are offering some additional bonuses for credit card spending. Personally I’m not too excited about the bonuses on restaurant spending and airfare spending, given how many cards are competitive in that space.
However, for those going for Delta Medallion status, the opportunity to earn 500 bonus miles and 500 bonus MQMs for every $1,000 spent might be worth considering. Admittedly status is less valuable to most at the moment, and Medallion status has also been extended by a year, though this could still be an opportunity to climb the elite ranks.
Does anyone plan on taking advantage of these Delta Amex spending offers?