Marriott and Uber have a partnership, allowing Bonvoy members to earn points when spending with Uber and Uber Eats. If you haven’t yet participated in this collaboration, there’s a good incentive to do so right now.
In this post:
New members can earn 1,000 bonus Bonvoy points
At the moment it’s possible to earn 1,000 Marriott Bonvoy points when you link your Uber or Uber Eats app and your Marriott Bonvoy account, and make a qualifying purchase:
- This is valid through December 31, 2023
- This is valid for accounts registered in the United States that haven’t previously downloaded the Uber or Uber Eats app and linked their Marriott Bonvoy account
- You must make a qualifying purchase, which includes an Uber Eats food or grocery order for delivery of $40 or more, or an Uber ride
- Bonus points will post within four to six weeks
Personally I value Bonvoy points at 0.7 cents each, so to me this is like a ~$7 bonus. That’s not huge, but it’s better than nothing, especially since there’s value to participating in this partnership in general.
How the Marriott & Uber partnership works
With the Marriott Bonvoy and Uber partnership, you can earn 2-6x Bonvoy points per dollar spent with Uber, depending on the type of transaction (for context, I value Bonvoy points at 0.7 cents each):
- Earn 6x Bonvoy points per dollar spent on Uber Eats deliveries to hotels operating under the Marriott brand with a minimum $25 basket; I value that at an incremental 4.2% return
- Earn 2x Bonvoy points per dollar spent on non-hotel deliveries and food pick-ups with a minimum $25 basket; I value that at an incremental 1.4% return
- Earn 3x Bonvoy points on Uber XL, Comfort, and Black rides; I value that at an incremental 2.1% return
For more details on this partnership, see my guide to the Marriott Bonvoy and Uber partnership.
Through December 31, 2023, you can earn 1,000 bonus Bonvoy points when you download the Uber or Uber Eats app, link your Marriott Bonvoy account, and make an eligible purchase. I wouldn’t make a purchase just to take advantage of this offer, but if you’re interested in this partnership in general, this would be a good time to sign up.
Are any OMAAT readers planning to take advantage of this offer?