Hilton Honors has a pretty awesome supplemental promotion at the moment. On the surface this seems to be targeted, though I don’t think it is (as I’ll explain below).
Earn 7,500 bonus points after two stays
Hilton Honors is offering 7,500 bonus points after two stays that are completed by January 31, 2020. You receive 2,500 bonus points after one stay, and an additional 5,000 bonus points after a second stay.
This is valid for any hotel in the Hilton portfolio, and you need to register before completing your first eligible stay. Bonus points should post six to eight weeks after completion of eligible stays.
I value Hilton Honors points at ~0.5 cents each, so this is like a return of ~$37.50 after two stays, which I’d consider to be excellent.
This is in addition to the points you usually earn through Hilton Honors, which are among the best in the industry. It can also be stacked with their current global summer promotion, valid through September 8, 2019. With this promotion you can earn:
- Double points, starting with your second stay
- Additional bonus points for passing certain thresholds:
- 10,000 bonus points on your 10th stay
- 15,000 bonus points on your 15th stay
- 20,000 bonus points on your 20th stay
Is the promotion targeted, though?
Now, here’s the catch. The terms do indicate the following:
This offer is only valid and exclusive to the recipient of the email invitation, is not transferable and is one-time use only.
- Ads for this promotion are appearing on Facebook and other media, which suggests it’s not targeted
- Even those who didn’t receive emails are able to register for the promotion (which usually isn’t the case for targeted promotions)
- Those who are able to register for the promotion even see the offer in the “offers” section of their Hilton Honors profile.
So it’s totally worth registering for this promotion. I feel like Hilton Honors will honor the promotion, given that it appeared in media this way, and people were able to register. Worst case scenario, if they don’t, it only took a few seconds to register, so that’s not a huge loss.
This has the potential to be an awesome promotion. While Hilton Honors has great earning rates in general for stays, this could make it even better.
The terms do state that this is targeted, though that may be a mistake, given that ads for this promotion are showing up in media, and everyone seems to be able to register for this promotion.
For more ways to earn Honors points, learn about the best Hilton credit cards.
(Tip of the hat to LoyaltyLobby)