A few weeks ago we officially launched the OMAAT YouTube channel, and for the time being we’re uploading one video per week (on Tuesdays), though we’re soon hoping to increase that to two videos per week.
For those of you who are interested and haven’t seen it/aren’t subscribed, this week’s video is about how to actually get started with miles and points. Obviously longtime readers already know that. Like I said, for the time being these videos are largely geared at beginners, though my goal is to do some more advanced stuff soon.
As you’ll see in the video, my five tips for getting started are as follows:
1. Decide on your travel goals and what kind of miles you should earn.
2. Sign up for frequent flyer account and hotel programs.
3. Use airline & hotel program shopping portals and dining portals.
4. If you really want to supercharge the points you’re earning pick a credit card that works for you.
5. Don’t over-diversify your points.
The video the week before was about what I consider to be the best starter travel rewards credit card, which is the Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Thanks for watching, and if you have any miles & points related questions you’d like addressed in a video, let me know in the comments section!